Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1970 S Jefferson Nickel Repunch?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 220Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  7:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Iamme to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is it possible that this nickel could have been a repunched mint s over D? Under the magnification it appears to me to have part of a D on the left of s.
This picture is the best I can do to capture what my eyes see.The coin is beat up and dirty. To be honest I am being a bit lazy in researching today.....being new I am burnt out on research and need to let my brain rest. Yes I am leaning on this fine community for input.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1139 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know of any over mintmarks for this particular coin type and year, so I'll go with most likely not, and most likely circulation damage, and others would most likely need the full coin images of both sides.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5424 Posts
Learn More...
United States
22034 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with @mrw that no known OMMs exist for this date/denomination. Here is a link to the varietyvista page on Jefferson nickel OMMs:

http://www.varietyvista.com/05%20JN...Listings.htm

Also, welcome to CCF!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
8217 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with all of the above, not seeing it.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
7665 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Your research can be a lot less time consuming and tiring using the link Spence gave you.

If you do not find it at variety vista, then the answer is likely damage, MD, DDD, etc.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Edited by Earle42
12/01/2021 11:10 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 220Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: