Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nicest Liberty Nickel I've Ever Seen.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,100Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
706 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  3:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
spotted this one on the bay with a hefty price tag too. Can't believe it doesn't deserve a cameo designation and perhaps a green bean.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133939808135
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69088 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is impressive!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10280 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a nice coin and I agree it looks CAM to me.
Had a mintage of 2,152 and there were proof V nickels for every year as best I can tell.
This is closer to the lowest minted proof figure 1908 1,620 than the highest 1883 with CENTS 6,783.
The asking price is quite a bit higher than a typical PF67 1905 V nickel numismedia $1330.00 value which has dropped to and stagnated at that since 2019.
Like it a lot but price in that holder seems a bit high.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
4332 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's some coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
706 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that it is too pricy. I checked the NGC registry and the coin is the same and legit but they value it at $1800 while the seller has it at $600 over the NGC value. Only 4 in higher grades. I really like the coin but if I were spending that much, I think I'd rather choose some gold.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4126 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking example, but I don't see it being close to CAM, I see a decent amount of reflectivity off the devices. Agreed the price is a high.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8827 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So proof it almost looks fake on the obverse. Nice looking nickel, don't know if I'd agree it's the nicest one I've seen though. I'm a bigger fan of the really nice business strikes myself.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
1426 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, westcoin--the obverse almost looked fake to me, too, when I first saw it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20695 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even shipping costs are to high.
just carl
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  03:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centhound1963 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Earlier this year, I had my computer tech (27 year old son) help me find the best home pc and monitor so that I could see coins on epay a lot better. On this here 28 inch curved monitor, the photos of that nickel look blurry to me. That bugs the crap out of me! Listing a coin for sale at that price would seem to warrant a couple of nice, clear photos. Even coins on the lower end of the price scale do not get a second look if the seller does not know how to take good, clear photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8827 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best screen right now period, is the iPad Pro or new M1Pro MacBook Pro, nothing else comes close according to a couple of top video guys I know in the entertainment business, close friend has both as of last week, incredible blacks and so bright they can almost hurt your eyes, he is a photo editor that does lots of high end work on a Fuji 100s medium format digital camera and still works in film up to 4x5" I spent an evening playing around with them both and was seeing things that don't show up on a $6000 proofing monitor.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
25 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2022  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin9328492 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see marks on it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,100Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: