Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1946 Or 1942 Wheat Penny Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 267Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  9:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add kingsolokid to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi guys I can not get the image to upload but I would love it if someone would send me a email address to take a look at what I have . its either a 1946 with a 7 stamped over the 6 or a 1942 with the 2 upside down. I can not find anything online I took it to a local coin expert and he couldnt make heads or tails of it . lol (sorry bad joke )

anyways its really interesting and I think I may have something here although the local expert wasn't interested in it he didnt say that it was fabricated.

i look forward to hearing from someone

best regards
Dave

*** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. ***

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
8005 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always a best practice to post images here on the forum. Yes, using the forum's uploading tool(s) can be a bugger. We've all fought through it.

Also, forum moderators/administrators prefer that members don't post personal email addresses in discussion threads. Looking forward to seeing what you have.
Edited by ijn1944
01/17/2022 9:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thousands of people have uploaded images, and you can learn to as well. It's not difficult, just follow the detailed directions. It's the only way we can help you. We look forward to seeing your photos (obverse and reverse please).

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67573 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1500 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to an awesome place to learn much!
I know of no known overdates in the entire Lincoln cents, none have ever surfaced to my knowledge, so it is a very high probability that it is not an overdate. Even without photos, I can tell with a high degree of certainty that you are looking at some post mint damage.
Fyi, the literal only known overdate on any American coin minted after 1900 would be the famous 1942/1 Mercury dime (winged Liberty head) from both Philadelphia and Denver mints.
Learn More...
United States
111980 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 267Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: