Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1988 P Dime Off Center? With Crack On Edge

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 359Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
146 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  03:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Datguyy77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Am I calling this right fellas?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
44602 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slight MAD on the obverse. Please properly rotate photos before posting and crop a bit better.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a slight misaligned die, but also a collar clash. To me, they are keepers since they don't turn up all that often. I have found only 2 so far in circulation...
Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  05:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep
Obverse MAD w/Collar Clash
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44602 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bugil46,
Coming up on a milestone, contest time
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67600 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, just a mis-aligned die.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7350 Posts
Learn More...
United States
23198 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worthy of a 2x2--nice find @dat.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And, we are not all "fellas" here.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
8047 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe the OP was only interested in fellas' opinions?

OUCH! OOCH! I feel the flames already!

A sincere apology Merclover if that sounded serious at all. Not sure why the thought came to me, but it was in a comical mindset - not serious! I grew up with a an ever-teasing and ever-teased sister!

I am very glad we have both fellas and gals here!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Datguyy77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And Lady's also!!! All opinions and help is valued. Apologies @merclover
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Datguyy77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@dearborn, I litaraly have a bunch of them. I didn't know they were worth anything
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 359Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: