Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995 D Roosevelt Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 240Next Topic  
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  03:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add trinitytx23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Put a good dime or better next to my wonky dime it weighs 2.2g

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  03:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trinitytx23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slightly larger than same dime and thinner
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44599 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  04:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not an error, it is PMD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trinitytx23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking that but it's also pretty uniform on both sides would have thought it'd be less uniform. but I'm no expert either
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trinitytx23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And it doesn't weigh the same either
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67573 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weight is within tolerance. The damage may have spread it out a bit.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
14631 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As that could not happen during the striking of the coin , it has to be damage, no matter how it happened.
Learn More...
United States
23188 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Slightly larger than same dime and thinner

That suggests to me that someone started to turn this into a "Texas cent".
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
8005 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post-strike damage, aye.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trinitytx23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm strange they musta rubbed the multiple layers of coin off also while they were climbing said tree

Know it's hard to show somebody in person but it's barely got any silver coloring to it just enough to make it look like a dime definitely not as much as the same dime from the same year and in the same place does or any of the other dimes I have . Figured if somebody scotched across the concrete all day it'd probably affect more than just that area on both sides of it
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trinitytx23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
863 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is damage plain and simple. How much of the copper nickel outer layer you can see on the edge varies from coin to coin. It can not have come from the mint like this, the coin is struck within a collar, that imparts the reeds and makes it the correct diameter. The only way a coin can be struck larger diameter than normal is if it is struck without the collar. This coin has the reeded edge so it was struck in the collar properly.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
992 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone has taken a hammer to the edge, that's what spread the diameter out and thinned it out. Both the obv and rev are flattened out.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44599 Posts
 Posted Today  2H 34M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
trinitytx23 ,
Please properly crop pics before posting...thanks. We only need to see the coin not the background.All that background uses up server space needlessly.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 240Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: