Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pennies And Their Errors (1961)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 287Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  01:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What does everyone thing of this as an error coin? Is it a true mint error or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a larger pic. (hopefully)
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  02:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
try again (sorry)
Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
89 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  04:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What does everyone thing of this as an error coin? Is it a true mint error or am I barking up the wrong tree?

What a unique find debono! Definitely a dye fault, typical of the Perth Mint in the 60's

Thanks for sharing.
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  04:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks ttkoo. Think I will call it Tin Tin and Snowy!
Looks to be a poor strike also on the left hand side. Notr sure what the colour discolouration front and obverse is caused by though?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15205 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are you referring to as an error? Please be more explicit.
All I can see is a stained coin.
Learn More...
United States
23722 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@debono, first welcome to CCF. Second, as best practice is to start a new thread with each new coin, I'm splitting your post off of that other thread. You are all set now. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks heaps Spence!
Jimmy, look closer at the dog shape and also the back of the Roo. There is also the left side of the coin on the reverse with a small mis strike. I am not the best with the pics unfortunately.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68958 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a coincident stain, like seeing animal shapes in the clouds.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wanna bet? It is peeling.
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ps. I haven't outlined it. That is natural. Again, my pic probably is poor but if you copy and expand it it is clear to see.
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I lose clarity with the magnification but where you see dark outline that is actually shadow created by the raised edge. Same with the Roo's back. Taking to see a coin dealer today so will report back his findings also.

Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21880 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a stain.

debono, please explain how this happens during the minting process.
Valued Member
Australia
80 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add debono to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Firstly apologies to Coinfrog and all that said it was a stain. What you guys can see in a photo that I couldn't see even with a loupe is amazing. The 'edges' were just dirt. So Snowy the dog is now dog gone. You guys seriously rock!
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 287Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: