Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1966 Quarter Dollar Washington Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 382Next Topic  

Lithuania
5 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  12:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 12378654 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone, I have a 1966 year quarter dollar with wrong side of stamps when you flipping the quarter it's turning upside down the Washington or Eagle it the way how you are holding quarter at the beginning. Can someone answer how mutch it worth?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8526 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would be cool to see full, large and sharp pics--obverse and reverse. Thanks.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15199 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

We need to see a photo of both sides.
Hold it on an angle in front of a mirror so we can see both sides at once.
Until we see it, it's only worth 25 cents.
Also in your profile you don't state where your from.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68947 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Lithuania
5 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 12378654 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hyre you go

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15199 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
f the top picture is the correct orientation, then that is the way it is supposed to be.
All US coins are of the Coinage Axis.
That's why I asked where you are from as we get asked this question periodically
from countries that use a Medal Axis
Lithuania
5 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 12378654 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I understand correctly. All of the quarter is upside down like I mentioned before in USA?

I'm from Sweden.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3953 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most US coin are upside down on the other side
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9109 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF
Yes, with U.S. coins (currency - not medals) if you are looking at the coin - quarter in this case, on the heads (obverse) with the proper orientation (date at the bottom) then flip the coin over - top to bottom, then the tails (reverse) will be right-side-up.
Lithuania
5 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 12378654 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Then okay folks thank you all for the answer's and I wish you to have a good time. &
I hope in the future to find something that will be worth more than 25 cent #128515;#128515;#128515;
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58089 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All U.S. Coins are in the rotation.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
8526 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Winced when I first saw the quarter being held by metal grips/tweezers. Ouch.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ 12378654: Your coin it is RDV-005 which it is very common. It is well circulated and in Sweden maybe you can have 50 cents for. Here is just a spender. Second : you mention "medal", yes you there you say medal, here it is Mule, in fact same think. Sorry to disappointed you for the value.
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2992 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The orientation on US coinage is coin alignment.
When turning the coin over, flip top to bottom and it will be in the correct position.

The orientation on many European coins are in medal alignment.
When turning the coin over, flip left to right and it will be in the correct position.

Here is a screenshot from Numista that may help explain it. (I've added the red circle.)
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 382Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: