Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Step Right Up Folks!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 1,337Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
714 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  12:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
Out of these choices, what is the #1 Coin you purchase most often on Ebay/Online.

Results

Barber Series 5% 2 Votes
Morgan dollar 20% 8 Votes
Peace dollar 0% 0 Votes
Franklin 3% 1 Votes
Walking Liberty 10% 4 Votes
Barber Half 5% 2 Votes
Roosevelt 0% 0 Votes
Mercury 5% 2 Votes
Standing Liberty 3% 1 Votes
Eisenhower 3% 1 Votes
Liberty Head 3% 1 Votes
Shield nickel 3% 1 Votes
Lincoln Cent 13% 5 Votes
Indian Head 25% 10 Votes
Flying Eagle 5% 2 Votes

Poll Status: Locked
Total Votes: 40 Counted
Last Vote: 06/20/2022 7:27 pm
Edited by NumismaticsFTW
06/15/2022 1:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
996 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, for me it's "none of the above". I pretty much only use eBay for low-dollar certified MS/Proof modern issue coins that are not generally available through my normal dealers or major auction sites. I want those for my type sets, and I do find eBay a good source for those types of coins.
For other online purchases through dealers, since I'm primarily a type collector, there's no one specific series of coins I focus on in my purchases.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Edited by hokiefan_82
06/15/2022 01:12 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3308 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Generally for me I don't buy American coins on eBay. Most canadian sellers I find have everything American over priced, and generally less attractive examples. I see many great deals from American sellers but then the shipping jumps from 0-4$ right up to 15-20+ which deters me from buying nicer examples so it's rare for me to find a half decent US coin for a half decent price. That being said the only American coins I have purchased in eBay were 1 43S nickel and 2 rough common Indian Head cents.

All that said I guess Indian Head cents would be the answer for me but only due to inconvenient shipping costs
Pillar of the Community
United States
6484 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  01:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy mostly commems on eBay. That's where my vote would go if it were on the poll list.
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Franklin halves for me. Hoping one day I'll complete my MS and Proof set of them.
Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't do much buying on ebay. What I have bought more than once and would consider buying again is silver Washington quarters for bullion. You don't have that on the list.

I would never buy morgan dollhair.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17765 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every once in awhile I'll buy a couple of Lincolns singles and BU rolls just to feed my hunger .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Out of these choices, what is the #1 Coin you purchase most often on Ebay/Online.
Eisenhower dollar is not on your list.
Pillar of the Community
United States
714 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was only able to put up to 15 so of course tons will be missing folks

I threw Eisenhower in there just for you Jbuck!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10407 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well when build my Dansco album - it would have been Quarters - because there are so many of the little darlings to get to fill my 5 albums.
But from the list? let me think Well ASE would have been next, then Lincoln cents Is my answer due to lack of options to pick from.. [shr}
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10407 Posts
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2255 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure why "Barber series" and "Barber half" are both options, but I picked series. Many years ago (when I first joined this forum actually) all I bought from ebay was Canadian George VI silver. Lately I've made some Barber discoveries and sought examples of them.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70322 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, this is an ill-conceived thread. No mention of any Liberty Seated issues, Bust coins, minor denominations like 2 and 3 cent pieces, gold, and so on. C'mon.
Edited by Coinfrog
06/15/2022 6:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
714 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm trying to see what coins are most popular.

I was only able to put 15 coins so I'll make another thread being more inclusive.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70322 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2022  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
However you construct this poll, I don't believe the replies will form a meaningful sample on this small forum.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 1,337Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: