Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fancy Serial Number $20

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 588Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  10:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Going through my junk drawer first, looking for input on keep/not keep and possible value or information of a few interesting fancy serial numbers.

Edited by datadragon
07/06/2022 11:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3499 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's really up to you on this one. The fold in the center keeps any premium to a minimum. I would consider this a spender.
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
5567 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The serial number on that bill is not considered "fancy".
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70470 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a fancy number I'm afraid.
Valued Member
United States
181 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jonjrl1963 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$20.00 MINUS INFLATION
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the input so far as I'm learning right along with everyone else in certain areas. What I can add is that a solid in which every digit in the number is the same. Examples: 11111111, 88888888 is very sought after with Value: $1,000 - $4,000 or so. Seven of the same digits that are in a row. Example: 77777771 or 7 of a kind Similar to 7-in-a-row except that the lone digit is somewhere in the middle of the number. Example: 77177777 are both also sought after and worth keeping or selling. Value: $50 - $150. However six of a kind has been known to sell also, but I dont personally collect them (6 of a kind or 6 in a row) and keep them in a junk drawer which I'm deciding whether to sell or just spend, although this one is also a trinary (not normally added value by itself) and a coolness factor 98.7%. 88881828 contains a 6-of-a-kind. Only 0.023% of 8-digit numbers have this combination. So I guess I was asking if I should just throw it up on my ebay store if it might bring in $25-$30 with free shipping as after fees, shipping etc any less probably means it would be a spender regardless and certainly no reason to hold onto these except if you personally think its cool for a serial number collector.
Edited by datadragon
07/07/2022 1:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3764 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"One man's ceiling is another man's floor." ~ Paul Simon
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1003 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting serial number but a spender in my mind. I'd be surprised if it would bring enough of a premium to make it worthwhile to sell on eBay, but you never know. I recall that 8 is considered a very lucky number in China, so there may be a slim chance you could make a few bucks on it with the right buyer...
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heres another from the junk pile from 2006 also with 6 of a kind/trinary (3 digits).

Looking briefly through ebay sold listings it seems the binary (two digit only) six of a kind/in a row sell higher, and the $1 with six of a kind/six in a row is more popular. May also be better for jbuck
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...H_Complete=1

Edited by datadragon
07/07/2022 7:04 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70470 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again, not fancy. With respect, do you know what "fancy" means? The term "trinary" is eBay-speak for junk.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3764 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree completely with Mr.Frog and will add, the Coolness Factor is also rubbish. It gives new collectors false hope. Fools Gold
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ynnad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jackson was elected president in 1828. But since I'm not a fancy serial number guy, I would still spend it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11580 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2022  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Jackson was elected president in 1828.

That does add a bit of interest to the note (and thanks for the info). Still a spender.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 588Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: