Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint Enrollment Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 663Next Topic  

United States
37 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  11:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Aileron to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
'Got an email today saying enrollments for the 2022 ASE are closed, but one can sign-up for the 2023 enrollment. It isn't clear to me if an enrollment will carry on to future years for identically named products (except for the year of course). So if I've been enrolled for 2022 ASE coins, will I stay enrolled for 2023 too by doing nothing?

Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes enrollments carry over year to year.

One caveat, if your change payment - say you replace your credit card, you have to go into each and every enrollment and change the payment information...
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So if I've been enrolled for 2022 ASE coins, will I stay enrolled for 2023 too by doing nothing?

Yes. After you sign up, you will receive the next product released in the series including the next year of the same series, and continue to receive products until you cancel.If you want to skip.a product you must inactivate the enrollment by 11:59 PM ET 3 days prior to the product release date.to cancel. Then, re-activate the enrollment in order to continue with the product series before the next scheduled product release after that. As mentioned. check your credit card expiration dates especially when placing orders that dont charge until they ship at a later date as this can cause problems with the order placement.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10952 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One caveat, if your change payment - say you replace your credit card, you have to go into each and every enrollment and change the payment information...

I don't think that holds true anymore. 3 months ago, I had to update to my new Credit card - near the end of the process, I got a prompt, asking if I wanted to update my mew card to all my enrollments.
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2022  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I had to update to my new Credit card - near the end of the process, I got a prompt, asking if I wanted to update my mew card to all my enrollments.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11590 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So if I've been enrolled for 2022 ASE coins, will I stay enrolled for 2023 too by doing nothing?

As others have mentioned, yes, but make sure you are enrolled in all 3 options (S proof, W proof, W uncirculated) if you want them all.
Edited by CelticKnot
08/02/2022 9:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3179 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2022  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO, These " Pre Ordered " coins have a stigma attached to them + Higher mintages = Less desirable collectability...

PS, That's not to say, these are NOT collectable, Just IMO, feel the known mintage, kills something.

Collect Away !!!!!
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2022  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
IMO, These " Pre Ordered " coins have a stigma attached to them + Higher mintages = Less desirable collectability...

PS, That's not to say, these are NOT collectable, Just IMO, feel the known mintage, kills something.

Interesting. Value/Collectability can go up whenever there is more demand than supply. If there is a set mintage, but there are far more collectors who desire an example than what is available, this can drive up secondary value later. The enrollment just means that only those who think about this in advance will get them and perhaps means to temporarily sign up and then cancel enrollments that dont sell out if your not doing it for personal collecting. An example for this would be those new zealand chibi coins. Some of the earlier examples such as Grogu had the same 2,000 mintage as others and were the same $95 price but sold out within minutes due to the demand, and so sells for very high secondary price since many still want one but theres only 2,000. If there are 2,000 but only 1,000 people want one because the image is far less popular, then the value wont go up so understanding popularity/demand of a type of coin, design, or character used on a coin can be helpful for speculators since they know this BEFORE the coin is released.
Edited by datadragon
08/04/2022 12:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3179 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2022  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collecting Coins has Always been a way to have collectibles, these " Collectibles " are Changing the direction of coin collecting. The times, they are a changing.....To have coins that ANYONE who desires one, just Pre Order one !!!!! Somethings a .....

My Only point, What happened to sending away for a Proof set, We received them in a Manila envelope..............Loved the ole ways of obtaining coins... Collect Away, My Fellow Numismatists..
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2022  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see your point now. The only thing like that which would remove a lot of enjoyment of collecting for me would be buying pre graded examples in many cases, such as buying pre graded ms69 or ms70 even before the coin is released. I would prefer to get the coin and hope or search later after release for examples and send for grading. I can certainly understand someone who has a registry set or established collection needing specific grades or there is such a variation in quality on a coin that the time or money to search one is just too great. In 2021 the morgans from O and D were mostly poor and finding high quality examples without just buying them at high price was a great effort so just getting them from the mint alone wasnt a guarantee for once. Yes, to your own point it has to be considered that unless a release is of lower mintage, its probably not much of a true collectible anyway in modern times.
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2022  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the time the subscriptions for the three 2023 issues came up I enrolled for one of each of them. Prior to that my 2022 West Point proof subscription was removed from my list of enrollments. That was after I had received my coins, so I am not sure whether the enrollments effective in 2023 reset old enrollments. To add to the story, last week I received a reminder from the mint to update my information in order to process my enrollment (which I did not have) for the 2022 San Francisco proof. Perhaps the new enrollment was retroactive to 2022 for this remaining issue in the current year cycle. I am not sure what is going on, but since I was looking to buy the proof coin, this is the less stressful way.

Having a slabbed example is not for me. I have the coins in their original government packaging, which works well for me, though not for others. I did recently purchase a 2021 Morgan dollar, in original packaging from the mint, and it is a truly beautiful coin, no flaws. Having heard the issues with this particular coin, a purchase after looking over the coin was a good idea. This is in fact the only Morgan dollar I own, classic or modern.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3179 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We collect what We Choose, Love Your attitude about Original !!!!!!!!!!!!! The Morgan silver dollar is the Bomb !!!!!!
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 663Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: