Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 S And Others — Lincoln Cent Collection

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 765Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  3:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Camrdaddy19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm considering buying a partial coin collection from someone. Asking price is $300. Looking for advice.the photos are included in deal. The photos are not an exhaustive list of what is included, but I felt based off of these I should be able to get at least a little guidance. Thanks for looking and I appreciate the feedback in advance.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Edited to replace photos:

Edited by Camrdaddy19
08/05/2022 6:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70169 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A collection like this can't be evaluated or appraised from such small images.
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Camrdaddy19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coinfrog -

I'm just looking for a ballpark on if $300 is too high.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70169 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's basically impossible without seeing the grade and condition of the other keys and seme-keys.
Learn More...
United States
24167 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ca, I see that there are no coins in the 1909 S VBD, 1914 D, 1914 S, 1920 S, 1922 no D, 1924 D, and 1931 S slots. Is it true that those are the missing coins from this set? Even knowing which coins are actually in the set would help.

That 1948 cent looks aftermarket plated—is a magnet attracted to it?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Camrdaddy19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All good questions. I need to get more answers. It's a l9ng distance thing. The seller is a state away.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70169 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spence - haven't checked them all, but there are clearly coins in the '14D and '14-S slots, they're just slightly mispositioned.
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Camrdaddy19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All good questions. I need to get more answers. It's a long distance thing. The seller is a state away.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17744 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no way to evaluate that collection from the photos you provided . Some better dates and mints are missing . From what I see there is no way I would pay $300 for it .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3888 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Spence - haven't checked them all, but there are clearly coins in the '14D and '14-S slots, they're just slightly mispositioned.

I think that might be coins from the following pages showing through.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My somewhat uninformed opinion is that $300 is a little too high for the set presented.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70169 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
KenKat - if that's the case, then Houston I think we have a problem.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2815 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@CAM: I saw so many like this for sell. In your case all BN, and very much circulate. Missing a lot of good ones. The 09-S you put was clean in acid and the acid made his finger print. Me I will stay away from. For 300 you can have better.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70169 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread is getting confusing. Please simply advise if this set has any of these and show clear pics of each - '11-S, '14-D, '22-D, '22-no D, '24-D, '26-S, '31-S.

So far, price seems way too high.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1790 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1909-S reverse looks to have a rim dent near E Pluribus, which could halve its value. As the only key date clearly present, I'd say $300 is too much. If the 1914-D is present and undamaged, then $300 is still high, just not as overpriced.
Pillar of the Community
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To keep it simple, I wouldn't buy this for $300.

Edited by NumismaticsFTW
08/07/2022 12:02 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 765Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: