Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1924 Peace Dollar You Versus PCGS

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,411Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  07:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Give grade and price.

1924 Peace $1 PCGS

Pillar of the Community
United States
1149 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just can't grade heavily toned coins from pic's...the Eagle looks like it took minimal hits...Miss Liberty has a couple of small hits...couple of open field hits on the obverse...looks like a nice strike on both sides.
UNC Details AT but probably MS-64
As far as paid...since I'm not a fan of toning...no guess...but I've seen battles for toned coins.
smat
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20062 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of the comments that smat45 has made, I agree with.
Including the grading opinion.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71713 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-64, just a stab.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4086 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Minimal marks and nice luster, although the toning may be obscuring things. I'd say MS-65, and unusually attractive toning for a Peace dollar. Not sure of price, but I'm sure the toning would bring a premium.
Pillar of the Community
United States
997 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are a few marks on the face....I'll take a stab at MS-64 and hmmm.....with a potential hefty premium...I'll guess $275 if a couple were bidding on this at auction as a must have.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
08/07/2022 10:31 am
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel like somethings hiding in that toning and will guess ms63
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson | Coffee, Corvettes, & Coins what could be better?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3324 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes, ms 62 for that price, what a steal..... Well they aren't breaking any rules since it's graded by PCGS...
Pillar of the Community
United States
997 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That one is going to sit around for a while at that asking price. I think the MS-62 grade is a little harsh unless the toning is hiding more marks.
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes thats quite a hefty price.
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson | Coffee, Corvettes, & Coins what could be better?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4086 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgot to deduct a point or two for grading from TrueView pics. That obverse toning is not all that attractive in real life. Pretty exceptional toning on the reverse, but that price is wishful thinking...
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheColorofMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So much yikage here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4352 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazy price on that one. I recall around 15 years ago toned Morgans and Peace dollars were getting moon money, perhaps the trend is coming back.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3324 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is an MS66 graded one for sale for about 1000$ CAD less then this, just happened to see the add for it on his sale page.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25269 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously the TrueView photos are hiding some surface marks.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,411Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: