Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1938 D Walking Liberty For Grading

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 673Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  11:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add eaglebub7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, seller photos, please put a grade on it.

Thanks in advance,
Eagle
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12926 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lots of glare and shadows. not 100% certain the photos are a good representation of the coin. looks like there might be some marks on thigh which could keep it from the MS65 box. at least MS64 in my mind with a shot at 65
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64...higher...maybe.

KK
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, good shot at MS-65.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks MS-65 to me or better . Luster looks good , strike looks good .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2258 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin looks messed with, photos may be dishonest. Can't get a feel for color, luster, hairlines, or wear on the high points.

I wouldn't pay more than AU-53 Cleaned money for it.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Images does look off, I say 64/altered.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25226 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These look like juiced photos. I'm thinking this is a MS details coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1147 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If this seller also has slabbed coins...you have to wonder why this better date is not in a slab?
Can't tell enough from the pic's...but as other have stated...guessing it's a details coin?
smat
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you tell us who the seller is and what grade is he giving it

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglebub7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, thanks to all for the input!

The coin is listed as AU++, nothing stating details/cleaned. The seller has a top rating as "One of sites most reputable sellers" @ 99.9% and, also has a 30 day return policy, which is a plus. I also see some of the potential faults called out on the obverse. The reverse is what drew me to this coin, and hoping the issues showing on the obverse, are a result of bad lighting. I have nothing to lose with the return policy if it comes in details, that's if I'm lucky enough to win.

Eagle
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglebub7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I missed out on winning this coin Ended up going for $1070.00, oh well, got to have limits lol
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty much full price for the grade.
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seller is Great Southern. Nothing against the OP, but, all of their coin photos are juiced. I'd say many of the winners don't have a clue. Here's an example.

Buyer's feedback:
i purchased this 1876 Indian Head penny as XF++ . The penny that I received is VF30.

Auction:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/295045703895
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jerry - Good input. Great Southern has a terrible reputation but seems to thrive as an eBay seller.

Looking at your image, surprised you would pay that kind of money for such a badly scratched coin. Can you show us a pic of what you received?
Edited by Coinfrog
08/18/2022 7:49 pm
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog, I didn't buy it. I wouldn't buy anything raw from them. Check out their inventory of Indians.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 673Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: