Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1988 Lincoln Penny Denver Mint

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 348Next Topic  

United States
15 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  11:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Traveler79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looking to see if anyone can take a close look at this penny for me I'm green as you get. this penny seems penny needs to be checked out gir any and everything can someone help a brother out. Would be greatly appreciated thanks

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71536 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps some grease-filled die issues on "of" in US of A.

to the CCF!
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Traveler79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59516 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Green is caused by water on copper. Not a plus for your coin. Spender.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Traveler79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ coop do you think it holds any value beyond the 1 cent?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16218 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a damaged cent. There is no premium for damage.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Traveler79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I'ma take this one in to have it physically looked at thanks everyone
Pillar of the Community
United States
9292 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a post-strike damaged coin. Worth exactly 1 cent.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Traveler79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks still taking it in
Learn More...
United States
24721 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@trav, of course take it in for another opinion if you want, but can you please let us know what this other person says? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3611 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with Spence. We are all here making comments because we love coin collecting. Most of us are not professional numismatists and we don't get anything other than the satisfaction of knowing we've help others from the research we do and the answers we present.

Anyone can comment here and sometimes we get it wrong, but it's not out of spite or a desire to lead people in the wrong direction. You should always show your coins to as many different people as you want so that you feel comfortable with the answers you get.

As a group, we have hundreds of years of experience with identifying errors, varieties and post strike damage. It's just my opinion, but I feel that this is the absolute best website to bring your coin related questions too for honest comments and evaluation.

If you do get a different opinion from another source, please let us know.

Edit: Spelling
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Edited by Yokozuna
08/16/2022 4:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
9197 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apparently you don't like the answers you received from us regarding your CENT. As stated, this coin carries no added premium above face. Spend it and keep searching.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...Not much there error wise...spender.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
741 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Traveler79, let me tell you my experience with this forum. Before I found this site I read other sites for about 6 months, I got so disappointed because I saw a lot of misleading information was given out to new people which I know got discouraged and discontinued the hobby. I was new as well but did not give up I found this website and just read for a year before even responding. I was and am convinced the people here are honorable, honest and truly get only a pleasure on helping others. They do not get paid for anything and sometimes take abuse yet they continue to educate. I understand in to days world some things do not seem right if it is not for profit but believe me these people just want to share their knowledge.which I trust 100%.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 348Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: