Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1928 S Standing Liberty Inverted MM

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 841Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2229 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  4:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't know a much about this variety. I stumbled across it on PCGS CoinFacts https://www.PCGS.com/coinfacts/coin/detail/395951
There are only five of this die (known to PCGS) in uncirculated condition. The highest being a 65+.
Long story short I believe I have a NGC MS66 with CAC.
It is an easy die to spot in uncirculated condition, having a die crack in the date and on the lower side of Liberty's right forearm.
I will probably cross this coin to PCGS and attribute the variety. Thanks for looking!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73646 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, was unaware of this.
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's certainly a gorgeous coin, I'll say that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2462 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to command a hefty premium! I look forward to updates, and good eye on that crack.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2229 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks folks. I will more than likely send one of these off to an auction house and see what it does.
When I purchased the one I ended up buying two! The other 66 as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1032 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin and information.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5838 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2022  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's a stunner. Awesome coin and it looks like it's just dripping with luster. Hope it comes back nice! Please update when it does!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
2229 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2022  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one came in right and is now the solo top pop!

Actually someone beat me to the punch. This one will be 1/1. There is a 66+ now.
Edited by Willburton
11/03/2022 07:54 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2457 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2022  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's awesome, congrats.
Pillar of the Community
United States
683 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2022  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin!

Could these also come without the die crack through the date/arm? I have seen examples without the die cracks and the MM is set slightly lower than your example.

I'm new to this variety and trying to learn.

Pillar of the Community
United States
8082 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2022  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
771 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2022  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's great! Congrats on the find!
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 841Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: