Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How My Coins Were Shipped From An Ebay Purchase

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 976Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
282 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2022  08:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Smh... Just thought I'd share.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17414 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I once had a silver dollar shipped loose in a
regular white envelope, no wrapping or anything.
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Notatzaddik to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sealed for your protection& Oy, do the community a favor and send the seller a message. You made my am with that photo KerryKz
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10658 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2022  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious, what are (were...) the coins?
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2022  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive had a few coins shipped similar. Luckily they were only junk silver anyway but still frustrating.
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson | Coffee, Corvettes, Coins & the CCF what could be better?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5235 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2022  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that the grouping of lamination error coins you bid on....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4372 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2022  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heat shrink or duct tape ?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2022  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah that's pathetic , you should give him a negative call on that . Thank God 99% of sellers ship with secure packaging .
Tony

For Butch & Jim rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2022  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo Boguss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kerry, can you tell us the seller's ID? I'd prefer to avoid them in the future.
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2022  03:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chirrrs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a roll of halves shipped on time and the seller just left them in the tube with maybe one piece of tape over the lid. It was one of those cheap round clear plastic tubes where the lid doesn't even have a groove where it screws on at all. They shipped that with either no other padding or very little in a flat rate box. When it got here, I pulled it out of the mailbox and just heard them all jingling in there and thought, "you've got to be kidding me".

That and just taping raw coins to a piece of paper really just blows my mind. I'm also not a fan of those who use so much tape that they fully cover every square inch of the envelope with multiple layers of tape so that you have to be extremely careful in cutting it open that you don't damage anything. Or shipping bills between two pieces of cardboard that have been inexplicably cut to the exact size of the bill and taped around all four sides so that it's super difficult to get it out without damaging the bill. I try to assume that maybe these sellers just aren't collectors and try to politely give them some better alternatives that don't cost anything extra or take any longer to do. Some people just don't get it though.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9238 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2022  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - very poorly done. This is worthy of negative feedback.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
22227 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2022  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Give a link to the seller please.
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2022  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Believe it was painters tape... Gitlit69. 99.6 positive feedback
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10658 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2022  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2022  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KerryKz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And nithing exciting on the coins.. ike. Cpl buffalo Indian. Just a cpl bucks
Learn More...
United States
120727 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 976Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: