Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question About Doubled Dies .

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 313Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  12:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First , I hope I'm in the right forum for this question . If not, mods please move . As most know I'm not an error collector . I've always wondered why
99% of all Doubled Dies are on the Obverse of the coin and not the reverse . How is that ?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Tony

For Butch & Jim rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1983 Double die Reverse Found in Coos Bay Oregon! From North Bend First Community Credit Union
One of Two Other Found in North Hero Vermont! From Swanton Vermont Chittenden Bank.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8758 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure where you are getting the statistic? VarietyVista.com listings clearly show nowhere near 99%
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Edited by Earle42
12/09/2022 7:55 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure where you are getting the statistic? VarietyVista.com listings clearly show nowhere near 99%

I have never logged on to Variety Vista for errors or anything else , so it was just my thoughts that it would be 99% . Like I said ,I am not an error or variety collector .
Tony

For Butch & Jim rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2960 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If someone does not beat me to it, I will do some digging. It was explained to me once by Bob Piazza, it has to do with the obverse die typically being the "hammer die".
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2960 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've tried to find the thread but I'm coming up empty. If you go onto Coneca, Bob will answer your question. Here is a link. His user name is mustbebob. Sorry I was no more help....

LINK https://board.conecaonline.org/foru...ariety-forum
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2960 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked again for the info from Bob this morning and could not find it. While looking, my little brain remembered that the conversation was about why "Master Die Doubling" was mostly seen on the obverse, not just DDO's in general. The reason may be the same though. Sorry, it takes a minute for my "grey matter" to kick in sometimes now and getting worse as time goes on....
-makecents-
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
God Bless You Makescents! I hope you know about Previgin it works for some but one of my friends forgets to take it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 313Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: