Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Permission Or No Permission?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2009  6:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Starman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

i live right by a school that was built as a 1 room school house in 1857 and was added onto about 6 times and I know exactly where the old entrance was (where all the kids would be). So I have not got a detector yet but I'm going to borrow one from my friend, to do the school. I dont know if I need permission or not though should I get permission or just wait 10 days until summer break and go?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1858 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2009  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I give you permission do I get the first 1856 FE you find?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8463 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2009  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I work for a school district. Anytime I think something might be OK and ask it isn't.
Somebody always wants to be an authority and tell you what you cannot do.
If I were you, I would be discrete and on one of those quiet summer mornings when nobody will be around, I would go and be very careful about replacing my divots and hide my little shovel.
If anyone asks if you found anything, show them a couple modern coins that add up to less than half a buck and keep the rest under your hat.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8463 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2009  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and I have a friend who once said something to me that has stuck in my head ever since he said it.

I asked him what he thought if I did something that was against the law, I knew it wouldn't harm anyone but I sure could use the venison, and he said to me.

"You can do anything you want in this world, but before you do it, ask yourself, Am I willing to pay the price?"

I have watched that buck for four years now, and every year it gets bigger and a larger rack. This year it might be the best buck I ever saw, but so far, I am not willing to take a chance on paying the price if I get caught.
Probably never will. But I get tempted every year. It drives me nuts!
It lives across the road from me with about 12 or 15 other regular whitetails.
Sometimes they even get in my birdfeeders at night when it gets really cold out.
My favorite album!
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2009  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnthebaptist576 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i would do it early in the morning like wheezydog said. also act dumb if you get caught. I dont think its against the law but you always have some authoritarian jerk who will hassle you. also like wheezy said. always carry dummy change on you to show these people. in the case of park rangers ect it should be trash. show them how much trash you removed from the site and if you wanna get smart ask them if they would like you to put it back in the ground hehe.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8463 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2009  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, if the property is posted, that's another matter.
Also, I must clarify, I might do it but I don't want to advise anyone else to do it. I just say, if I were you, maybe I should have said if I were in your position.
My favorite album!
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2009  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Starman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the advice just have to wait for a quiet morning now
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5830 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2009  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check with the local cop shop or school district. In my area at least the schools are open to the public after hours under the SPARK system. I have even had some luck getting them to let me into locked schools. Try talking to the Principles directly. Explain that you will be removing a significant amount of metal trash from the play areas that could harm the kids....
Richard Barnes
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/Numismatic.Jewelry/
Pillar of the Community
United States
974 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2009  11:58 am  Show Profile   Check MINT_MARQ's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add MINT_MARQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Richard.

It never stops amazing me at the amounts of nails and dangerous metal I pull out of the wood chips around schools. Keep some of that in your pocket to show them that instead of the spare change and they will probably shake your hand and thank you, instead of trying to run you off.
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2009  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cyberdan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If this is public property and not fenced off with a locked gate it should be OK. I hunt schools all the time and never a problem. There are schools locked down even on weekends where I have driven around the perimeter and sometimes an opening that doesn't even have a gate is on the other side. That way kids can get in and use the sports field.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 21.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05