Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australian 5 Cent Die Changes And Coin Varieties

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
Australia
527 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2019  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
its a true off center (both sides) 2002 coin not a partial collar coin as there is no reeding on the coin. At first I thought it might have been a partial collar coin but I had look at the coin edge and it basically smooth and doubt that from circulation.
Swap list : http://goccf.com/t/334449
Free coins for (post 500)competition
http://goccf.com/t/350686&whichpage=3
Edited by ryurazu
06/04/2019 03:12 am
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5066 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2019  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are my 5 x 2000 5c with collar errors. Most pics were taken before I realized how I could get the edge images, and all the coins are now in 2 x 2's, and I'm not taking them out, so on some I'm not sure if they're tilted, straight or Out of Collar.

5c 2000 #1 Ramstrike (Raised Lip, no edge milling)

5c 2000 #2 Tilted Partial Collar

5c 2000 #3 Partial Collar

5c 2000 #4 Partial Collar

5c 2000 #5 Partial Tilted Collar

A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
Edited by Nevol
06/04/2019 7:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1383 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2019  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Nevol! All from circulation?

I don't have any of the new sets to check the 5c type.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5066 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2019  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All from circulation?
Yes, I used to do a massive amount of noodling, but my health has taken a few hits and I haven't done any since about 2012.

I occasionally do check my purse change but I hardly ever go out, so that's minimal.
Nancy
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1383 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone seen any 2019 5c pieces in change to see what reverse has been used?
I've got some bags from the coin swap but I haven't checked them yet.
Australia
15 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OoJasonoO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with.
1. If the exact error coin is found over multiple years, is it considered to be a variety?
2. Relatating to different varieties, tiny, small, normal and large, high and low, 81 hair and 2001 irb. Is there any other varieties that I'm missing?
Mr T, 2019 from circ are tiny, I have checked a 1000 or so and that's all I've found so far, are all baby/mint set all nornal or both
Edited by OoJasonoO
08/11/2019 05:38 am
Australia
15 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OoJasonoO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The little triangle on this 1966 5c claw(seems reasonably common), is it an error or die variety
Edited by OoJasonoO
08/10/2019 08:01 am
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5066 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2019  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The little triangle on this 1966 5c claw(seems reasonably common), is it an error or die variety
Can't say I've ever seen this on a 1966 5c coin. Apart from a couple Obv Lams, the only 'error' I've come across for the 1966 coins follows.

(As I've labelled this one c2, I think I must have another one the same, but no other image at this point in time.)

5c 1966 Rev c2 Cuds on 5

Nancy
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1383 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Hi all,
I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with.
1. If the exact error coin is found over multiple years, is it considered to be a variety?
2. Relatating to different varieties, tiny, small, normal and large, high and low, 81 hair and 2001 irb. Is there any other varieties that I'm missing?
Mr T, 2019 from circ are tiny, I have checked a 1000 or so and that's all I've found so far, are all baby/mint set all nornal or both

1. Not necessarily - the definition of variety depends on who you ask but generally if there is some sort of intentional design change then that is a variety e.g. small SD/large SD. Dollar coins of many years can be found with a lump behind the top kangaroo's ears (rabbit ear) but it's not a variety, it's due to die damage. The little triangle on the 1966 5c is likely an error,
2. I think that's all the varieties.

Thanks re the 2019 coins - I peeked in my bags and saw high echidnas and https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2019-5-...254300429071 seems to confirm that. I did get a low echidna which I believe is from a baby set.
Australia
15 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  06:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OoJasonoO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your reply nevol and Mr T,
I checked my last noodle, 1 found 13 1966, 2 of them have faint but noticeable triangles(London mint), is it possible this is from a rotated clash ?

Is there a variety in between normal and large.
Mr T can you please post image, couldn't access link
Edited by OoJasonoO
08/12/2019 06:30 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1383 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  02:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess would be die clash but I haven't taken a close look to see what it would line up with. If not it may have just been damage to the die face caused by a small piece of metal or something.

I think the small and normal SD are the same - McDonald's lists them for many years but having looked I think it's down to die filling or doubling. Tiny SD is 2007 onwards, large SD is 1991 to 1994 and small/normal is most other years.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/xXgA.../s-l1600.jpg
For some reason the forum stuffs up ebay Australia links.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1383 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen a couple of IRB 2019 5c pieces in circulation now - both high echidna.
And still no sign of low echinda 2017 or 2018 5c pieces in circulation or mint sets? I haven't seen any.
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05