Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is It Time For A New Silver Eagle Design? I Do.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 68 / Views: 4,179Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  5:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is it time for a new Silver Eagle design? I personally do. It's 23 years old and it's bland. It's the same thing over and over each year. Let's CHANGE the eagle design for each year. Let's use the past eagle designs starting from the U.S. Colonial, the 1792 patterns, through the present.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What? Like a Mexican sombrero like yours?Sure, maybe the shape of a burro.The Standing Liberty that is used is one of the most beautiful designs of coinage that has ever been.Change it every year would be like Canada.
Edited by Halfwitty
02/21/2010 04:59 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add schmidty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No way. Unlike most US coins, it's beautiful.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4691 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would agree it is time for a new design. Although the current design is beautiful, but I think its a bit drab. I guess its the fact the obverse design has been used for many years on the halves.
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add regularguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No! No! No!. Don't change the ASE. It is a very beautiful design. Changing it from year to year after it has been the same for so long is not a good idea.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well. This is one of my bestest.The sun is rising behind her and I still think it's awesome.In God we trust...all others pay cash.

Edited by Halfwitty
02/21/2010 04:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2661 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tim Stroud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally hate the reverse of this coin, but the obverse looks too good to change.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In ms, you can't beat it. The fields are amazing.
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MtnCoinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do not change the ASE! It would be like changing the Mercedes Benz emblem.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. Or changing the Presidential Seal.
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverTurtle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The design on the American Silver Eagle is Ornate and Beautiful. I think the Dime is overdue for a design change.
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add schmidty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think the Dime is overdue for a design change.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree on the dime change.Let's go with Stewie Griffin cause I cannot think of anyone else in recent history that is known as well as him.Maybe Ronnie Reagan?
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add schmidty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I throw my vote in for the Gipper! But, Stewie is a close second
Edited by schmidty
02/20/2010 9:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4691 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think every coin should have Queen Elizabeth II on them...ha
Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2010  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it. I say keep it!
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 68 / Views: 4,179Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05