Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anybody ever wonder what they looked like?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
7629 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  2:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coppercoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The designers of our coins. We see the work they created all the time, but very seldom is their likeness put out there for us to see.

Here's a drawing I just finished of Hermon A. MacNeil, the designer of the Standing Liberty quarter. For more drawings of U.S. Coin designers, visit my site at cdaughtrey.com

Edited by coppercoins
11/23/2010 2:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7629 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppercoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Image thingy doesn't work. First time I've run into that. Okay...I have no clue why the image thing isn't working here. I checked the source code and it's all messed up, and I cannot seem to fix what's going on. Moderator?
Edited by coppercoins
11/23/2010 2:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scooby Due to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Chuck - you are very talented!

They should have let you design the reverse of the 2010 cents!

Have you ever thought about what you would put on our beloved Lincoln given the chance? (I'm sure you have).
Pillar of the Community
United States
1658 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb8539 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are an incredibly talented artist!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2475 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are really stunning pieces of art! It's nice to paint a portrait of the artist. Hmmm. Will a self portrait of the artist who did these artists be forthcoming?
Edited by mycrob
11/23/2010 4:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2475 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm curious if this photo of Weinman was possibly used as part of your inspiration for your work? This is a much younger Weinman but you've captured him very nicely as an elder statesman.
http://www.centuryarchives.org/stam.../weinman.png
Pillar of the Community
United States
7629 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppercoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I had known about that image of Weinman I would probably have tried to use it. I think that's a much better representation of wht he looked like around the time he designed the 1916 coins. The image I used of him was actually taken in the 1940s.

In the event anyone reading this has a really good idea of a subject related to coins or paper money they would like to see in art, please let me know. I am always open to hearding ideas from anyone.

thanks!
Learn More...
United States
61543 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Image thingy doesn't work. First time I've run into that. Okay...I have no clue why the image thing isn't working here. I checked the source code and it's all messed up, and I cannot seem to fix what's going on. Moderator?
The forum is a little picky about the use of the same URL in multiple places. It works best to always include tags and to specify the transport.

Excellent images, by the way!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2475 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
George Morgan would be a good one, since the Morgan dollar is so popular. http://www.coinlink.com/Resources/i...organ_sm.jpg
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7480 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful work! Nice webpage too. When you do Felix let us know.

On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
It helps CCF a little. Try it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3930 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Beautiful work Chuck!
Edited by chuckster 125
11/23/2010 6:32 pm
Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brokencompass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are extremely talented! I thought it was an old photo of him, such is the detail in your drawing.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24069 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your drawings are amazing.
Quote:
In the event anyone reading this has a really good idea of a subject related to coins or paper money they would like to see in art, please let me know. I am always open to hearding ideas from anyone.
I was trying to think of a female artist and could only think of Glenna Goodacre. Are there any other female artists who designed a coin or currency?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice work, cc!
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bryan1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice artwork, you probably be a great tattoo artists as well. Keep them comming
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2010  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gutkowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Chuck thats some Nice work, I my buy one after the holidays
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05