Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wheat Penny Update  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2011  11:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Timmy30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have added a new set to the collections that I am actively building.
At first, I was looking to build only Kennedy halves, move on to Franklin halves, and then eventually the Ike dollar set. Now, I have been bitten by the Lincoln Cent bug and have decided to try to put together a set of Wheaties from circulation. I understand that this will surely take me years. However, I started searching cent rolls last week and have already put together a good start, in my humble opinion of course. So far I have found: 1928, 1941, 1942, 1946, 1949, 1956 and 1956-D. These little jokers pop up everywhere and I feel like I can find a majority of the set by roll searching. Now, I guess I'll need a good pair of gloves to protect against the black finger tips.
Valued Member
United States
402 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldcoach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeppers you in for it now, black fingers and buyings of cents. Finding the odd canadian or maybe the Bahama's or those Euro's plus those MS coins. Once started the addictions is a done deal.
Valued Member
United States
439 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinczar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collecting cents from circulation can be very fun and rewarding. Good luck on your future finds and may you find some rare ones!
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dirty Finger Penny Sorter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now, I guess I'll need a good pair of gloves to protect against the black finger tips.

Now why didn't I think of that! Be very careful with cents; they are very addictive. One is to many and 30,000 is not enough. Sounds like your off to a good start. You just never know what is going to come out of the next roll.
Edited by Dirty Finger Penny Sorter
01/31/2011 11:22 pm
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Timmy30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha it's that attitude that keeps me going DFPS! But you are right, "You just never know what is gong to come out of the next rol."
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2011  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chadwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started searching rolls of cents about two years ago. I keep every copper cent I find. So I've found it has become somewhat of an investment. To be honest, I don't fully understand why I bother to hoard the copper cents. I suppose its just the knowledge that they are worth more than face value. With metals doing what they are doing in the market today, copper just might be the next precious metal of tomorrow.

At any rate. You'll become addicted. My addiction to searching cent rolls was cemented forever the day I pulled a 1910 and a 1998 WAM from the same roll. Still looking for that elusive 1999 WAM. best of luck and may your WAM's be red.
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2011  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Timmy30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Chadwick. I do have a question about the WAM pennies. Will I know it when I see it? I understand that the A and M are wide.
But does this mean wider apart? Or widely struck? Or farther away from the E-R-i-C-A in America?
I too hoard all of the 81 and earlier pennies I find. It feels like I'm buying penny stocks in hopes of an honest return.
However, if all else fails at least I'm saving my pennies.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7629 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2011  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppercoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have fun with this but keep in mind that MOST of the pre 1940 cents are going to be tough - if not near impossible - to find roll searching. I have found very few early Lincolns roll searching and I've been through over 2.25 million coins.
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2011  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chadwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out this website. There is enough information here to keep anyone busy for some time. http://www.lincolncentresource.com
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16557 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2011  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Check out this website. There is enough information here to keep anyone busy for some time. http://www.lincolncentresource.com

I think you missed his point. He is trying to collect coins. Also, if it's just info, there too is that guy Chuck full of info on http://www.coppercoins.com you know. And he is here too spying on what we say.
For collecting pennies there is one thing most people forget to try. Just ask your relatives, friends and nieghbors for any old pennies. For such low denominations they usually just give them to you. Worth a try. And if you are near a flea market, try there too.
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05