Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Penny Roll Search Project 1/31/2011  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  1:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wild Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I am known as WildBill and what I do is roll search American pennies and Canadian pennies and nickels. I have started to keep track of what I search to help me stay focused, I have searched 10's of thousands of rolls in the past 10 years and trying not to get burnt-out.

The following information is the start of American pennies. What I'm tracking is American vs Canadian and the break-down by composition and basic designs.

I hope someone else can get some value out of my time and feel free to use the information any way you see fit.

Column "D" is latest data entry date and column "C" will be all data collected to date.

Edited by Wild Bill
01/31/2011 1:54 pm
Valued Member
United States
439 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinczar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would encourage you to take frequent breaks so as not to get too tired and burnt out. When you search, do you watch television or listen to the radio? That would help you to keep from total burn out at least it helps for me. Good luck in your future endeavours!
Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2011  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wild Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think the other addiction I've fell into is listening to the tv series "criminal minds" while I roll search, I always have noise on in the back ground.......thanks
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2011  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should make another column to show the percent of getting a wheat or canadian. For example the chance of getting a wheat in circulation is .4% while getting a canadian in an american roll is 1%. I love finding dimes in rolls of pennies. Its usually cause someone decided to color it brown or it was heavily corroded.
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2011  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LastGold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wildbill:

Great stats. I have just begun to do something similar. Incidentally I agree with you. Criminal Minds is incredily addictive - in my view the best crime drama I have ever seen.

Also Coincollector: Here in San Diego I can confirm that my statistic agrees with yours. Its just .4% wheat cents (or about 40 coins per 10000), every month when I go through my four $25 Brinks boxes.
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2011  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Merc Crazy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the Philly area, I usually pull between 8-12 wheaties per box, which would be 32-48 per $100 in face searched.
Edited by Merc Crazy
02/04/2011 11:51 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2011  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wild Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i just went through 4 boxes, have the updated information posted later today, I've been through the zincs, have to finish the coppers
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2011  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbismatic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you separate by since vs copper first? Or do you just sort as you go? Are you keeping z
Coppers and melting or just cherry picking and then trading in for more?
Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2011  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wild Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i run all the coins through a ryedale first then search for dates

i bring the zincs back to the bank coin machine and sell the copper for a decent profit and start all over again
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2011  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbismatic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting method! Sounds like a ton of fun! In my roll searching... I've only searched about $20 worth of rolls and found around 75 wheats! I wonder what type of demographics come into play with the areas where we live?
Pillar of the Community
United States
594 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2011  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenRingold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any updates?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05