Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Puck Drops Tomorrow. You Playing? (Yellowstone ATB)

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 92 / Views: 8,654Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  04:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AlmostCollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So, you must have heard, the 5 oz Yellowstone collector version releases tomorrow.

I'm thinking about getting one. Who else is with me?

And do you think it'll sell out faster/slower than the Hot Springs coin?
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloBonehead to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in, unfortunately.

I think it will probably sell out slower than before given the large premium to spot, but at the same time this is a more attractive coin than the Hot Springs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no thanks-- I sold all my silver at 48
Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nope. I can buy bullion cheaper and I don't like it as a numismatic piece.
Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ayejay1974 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am at least getting the entire 2010 set with the 27k mintage. If they up the mintage on the 2011 and on like they did with the bullion versions(which I believe I have read they plan to do), I will pass on the extra premium and just get the bullion version of each. I do plan on completing the bullion run.
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlmostCollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like not everyone is onboard this time, so hopefully the phone lines won't get clogged.
Pillar of the Community
United States
737 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rsxtacee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in as well. Hopefully I'll get in earlier than later. Didn't really intend on it, but they grew on me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
no thanks-- I sold all my silver at 48

I wish I done that. I sold when it was climbing at 39, you got out right before the storm.

BTW, I'm not buying the silver puck.
Valued Member
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimineez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably not.
I got the first one, but just too much premium now.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Porter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up the first one, but it put quite a dent in my coin fund. I wish they would have spaced them out a little more so I could afford this one as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3460 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question. Would I like to, yes...from the numismatic angle. ...and...unfortunately, probably will buy one tomorrow.

If I don't, and try to buy on the secondary market, will be at least the same price, and the pucks will be picked through. So, yes...I am.

Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlmostCollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I got an email saying ModernCoinMart is offering $350 for these coins again. Should be interesting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2580 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im buying one or two just to flip for the premiums they bring over sale price.
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foreign: 1863 (from machine)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Check VisigothKing's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, only time I'll be playin is when Everglades comes out.......

in 4 years time!
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 241, Byzantine: 44, Post-Roman Germanic: 24
Pillar of the Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2011  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah probably. It's a better design than Hot Springs, but the premium give me pause, it's more than $100, hopefully the ordering window is longer than 2 weeks because of that.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10500 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2011  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yellowstone has a special meaning for me, 5 oz. of silver or not. So I will be buying this one...and, as some others have said, the remainder of the 2010 issue.

Big question for me is...should I just forgo the rest of the 2010 issue and get a 1 oz gold eagle instead? The 5 almost add up to one.

Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 92 / Views: 8,654Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05