Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1 Oz Silver Bullions

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  09:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silverdollarnuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone collecting them, they have a hole lot of differents kinds around the world, I've just started and hooked on them, got the canadian wolf, 11 canadian grizzly, 10 regular leafs, and 14 other 1 oz silver from other countries comming in from the RCM f15 coin collection. ill try and post some pics this week...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
978 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the UK's Britannia series. I don't think there are many prettier silver coins in the world.

Edited by 1cent
05/29/2011 11:15 am
Valued Member
United States
402 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldcoach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the canadian wolf and grizzly.I have a small assortment from different countries and after seeing 1cent's Britannia's I am going to try and find me a couple of them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2448 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couldn't agree more. Right now I'm still building my Mexican silver collection but I do pick up Britannia anytime I can.
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The one ounce coin is very beautiful
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2270 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2009 is awesome. I also prefer the Queen's effigy Vs Susanna Blunt's on our Canadian coins.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, she looks like someone's mother in law on our coins instead of Queen of Canada.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2270 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mother in law.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5760 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad to see some Canadians saying they do not necessarily like the effigy on their coins. Being form the US I do not feel so bad saying this now!

I cannot understand why the "mother in law" effigy was chosen. This design lacks the "regal monarch" look that just "should" be present. But, for some reason, I always liked her young effigy on the 1953-64 coins although it was not a regal look per se.

Not sure how to put the rest of what I want to say in words so here comes a non-eloquent mess of words...

Personally I have always thought Queen Elizabeth II to be pretty, and her beauty adds to the coin's overall appeal. I have seen some world coins with (OK - brutally honest here) ugly-looking people on them that, to me, somehow take away from the aesthetics of the coin.

Based on the same (odd ) reasoning, one of my favorite coins of all time is the Canadian King George V, 1936 dollar. To me the effigy used on this coin (and during those years) is one that I have always thought just "looks the way a king should look." I guess my thoughts on this go back to when I was a kid. Whenever I heard a story of a King, this effigy is just about what my mind's eye created.

BTW
The silver round above is beautiful. It makes Her Majesty look the part of the title she owns. I'd like one of these!

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
737 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rsxtacee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been working on it! So far a bunch of ASE's, a tube of Grizzly's. A few wolves and Maples, and a Kook. Wanting to pick up some more. Loving the look of the Britannia.
Valued Member
Canada
497 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2011  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add west- canuk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1998 British round is gorgeous, and I would like to get one of these. One of the reasons I haven't started collecting the British bullion is my understanding that although they contain 1 oz silver, they are not pure silver but are alloyed with copper in around the .975? area, why when everyone else is coining a .999 ?
I too am not too fond of the current efigy of the queen, and my favorite Maple is the tiara portrait (1988, 1989 on maples ) . I'm sure if the mint were to use the laureate portrait(53-63) they would fly off the shelves. Is there any reason they couldn't use this portrait on maples ? Or to go a little further, what would be the legal ramifications of Sivertown or First Majestic tweaking the maple reverse and putting vicky or eddie on the obverse? I'd buy that for a dollar or 50.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1502 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2011  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite 1 oz bullion silver is the 1989 proof maple leaf

Pillar of the Community
United States
5848 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2011  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the UK one with the chariot, but I really want the one with the trident, that is a truely beautiful design!
Valued Member
Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2011  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverdollarnuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
all very beautifull coins, I've pick up some more this week, some pandas and mexicans...

Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2011  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JackB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That first coin, the one with the trident, is certainly a beautiful design. Are those difficult to find?
Valued Member
Canada
242 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2011  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverdollarnuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nope not realy, you can get them on ebay, but they are expensive, if you search a bullion seller, they should have them for around 45$

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05