Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Guess The Price - Season 21 - Winner: Jangofett!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  2:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Welcome to SEASON TWENTY-ONE!

The Contest: Guess the price of a purchased coin.
The Prize: BRAGGIN' RIGHTS!

Season 1 Champion: CoinHunter53562 (View it here).
Season 2 Champion: trdhrdr007 (View it here).
Season 3 Champion: COINAHOLIC (View it here).
Season 4 Champion: trdhrdr007 (View it here).
Season 5 Champion: nod2003 (View it here).
Season 6 Champion: yotie (View it here).
Season 7 Champion: nod2003 (View it here).
Season 8 Champion: murty (View it here).
Season 9 Champion: Moe145 (View it here).
Season 10 Champion: murty (View it here).
Season 11 Champion: nod2003 (View it here).
Season 12 Champion: TheNickelGuy (View it here).
Season 13 Champion: murty (View it here).
Season 14 Champion: mattbrowning7 (View it here).
Season 15 Champion: wheatguy (View it here).
Season 16 Champion: cwb8539 (View it here).
Season 17 Champion: murty (View it here).
Season 18 Champion: upstate (View it here).
Season 19 Champion: nod2003 (View it here).
Season 20 Champion: pls (View it here).
    The Rules: Revised 21 April 2011!
  • All guesses above $20 must be in whole dollar increments and will be rounded to the nearest dollar.
    Guesses below $20 can be in $0.50 increments and will be rounded to the nearest $0.50 increment.
  • Final prices will not include shipping or other fees.
  • Only the first person to guess a specific value will be counted. Repeat guesses for the same value will not count, so PAY ATTENTION! There will be no ties during the rounds!
  • One guess per person per round. If your guess is a duplicate, you will be given a chance to correct it; anyone can post a warning to the player and they will have until the round finishes to correct it.
  • Unless you posted a duplicate guess, there will be no editing guess posts. If you edit your post, please include a comment why you edited it. Otherwise, edited posts will not count.
  • Minimum round duration: Each round requires eight different participant guesses and two days.
  • There will be ten rounds. In the event of a tie, there will be playoff round.
  • All coins were provided in advance. They were purchased in the timeframe stated.
  • All rounds will end during what I call "US National Business Hours" or 8AM to 8PM Eastern (Forum) Time. Results can come anytime after that.
    The Points:
  • The person providing the coin for the round will receive 20 points.
  • The person getting the closest will receive 20 points. In the event of a tie, the lower guess will win.
  • The four people getting the next closest guesses will receive 10 points.
  • There is no The Price is Right "must not go over" rule!
  • Each other person that gives a guess (even uncorrected duplicates) will get 5 points. Those that unjustifiably edit a guess will get no points.

Season 21 Final Standings
JangoFett            95
TripAces             85
delaner              75
drdave               75
stevex6              75
upstate              75
COINAHOLIC           70
ianmprice            70
Moe145               70
pls                  70
TheNickelGuy         70
Bizybackson          65
Canadian-Banknotes   65
lewbo                65
murrellington        65
nickelsearcher       65
nod2003              65
Sander               60
Spikey Norman        60
Wornslick            60
andrewjconners       55
captainfwiffo        55
D0ubl3Eagle          55
Earle42              55
perfessor            55
Wei Fun              55
Tunnioc              50
coinsearcher83       45
wolf-n-wa            45
macmercury           40
murty                40
amassey08873         30
LTMets44             30
redwine              25
tumbleweedtrumpet    20
1900Indian           15
nohope587            15
rachums107           15
eaglefoot            10
spaceace             10
vermontensium        10
mkfarm                5
motoryoda             5
nodeli                5
penny man             5
tornandfrayed75       5
Zarboy                5
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Season 21 - Round 1

Guessing Deadline:

4:00 PM EDT (Forum Time) on Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Coin Purchased By:

JangoFett on 19 February 2011

1893 Columbian Half

Valued Member
Netherlands
481 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for hosting another season Jbuck..

$14,50

edit: changed € sign into $ ...
Edited by Sander
07/22/2011 3:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$17 and good luck all.
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sander, I need the guess in US Dollars!

So your guess has been changed to $21.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2120 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namachieli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$65

YAY GTP Winners Circle here I come.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ummm sorry, but I'm new here ... does this contest have an entry fee? (if so, I am sooooo unarmed and I will bow-out, ungracefully) ... but if this is merely a nuthin' to lose guessing contest then I would like to make a guess ...

I will high-ball your two guesses and toss a guess of $31.50 into the ring ...

NOTE => this is the sum of your two guesses, divided by two, and then multiplied by two, for it seems that I always pay twice as much for a coin as it is worth = $31.50
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry => $32 (I'll round-up and spend even more money)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4126 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$18
Pillar of the Community
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
stevex6: it is free to play and the winner does not get a prize, they get bragging rights. this is merely a guessing game to have fun. so you are welcome to play.

my guess is $15.50.

thanks again jbuck for hosting!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, thanks for the clarifiction, murrellington .... ummmm, so each round lasts 2 days (and you started this round today at 2pm Thompson Manitoba time, so I should go outside and enjoy the Thompson mosquitos and check this site again in two days) => Sunday at 2pm "central" time ...

Yah, sadly I'm already hooked on collecting coins ... I'm gonna try my best to stay away from this site until 2pm Sunday => I don't want to end-up being the lonely old single dude, surrounded by 100s of cats, cursing that Jimmy-Bob had a closer guess than mine!) ... thanks ... until then
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the game!

The rounds last at least two days, but I choose end times based on my availability!

I usually have the first round last longer, to attract new players.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6051 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1780 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$12.50
Pillar of the Community
United States
3343 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$22, I think
Valued Member
Ireland
131 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2011  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spikey Norman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to see this comp again

I'll take $16.50 for this one pls jbuck

Norm
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05