Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any News On 25th Anniversary ASE Set?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 109
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from the last sets that sold the most recent OGP set sold for about 50 bucks more than the most recent MS/PF-69 set sold for and the shipping was over $6.00 more on the OGP set
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9256 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was at a coin show a couple weeks ago and talked with a guy who bought a PCGS PR/MS69 First Strike set with OGP. I think he paid about $850 but wouldn't tell me the exact amount. He was very happy when I valued them at $800 while admitting he paid a bit more than that!
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
2912 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing Brad, Now that's what I talking about!
Pillar of the Community
1283 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add throwbackid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry but I can't just look at a $4k cardboard, just so unfulfilling. I just bought the 3 common coins in MS70 for $360 from a guy off ebay. So buy my math with shipping I have about $800 in an NGC ER MS70 set, not bad. If you take the $3700 I got for my sets I'm up $1,400 and I have an MS70 set. I am thinking about a 20th anniversary set now. If anyone has a ms70 set of them I would be willing to trade some gold/silver just shoot me an email.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2734 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DNA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the most recent OGP set sold for about 50 bucks more than the most recent MS/PF-69 set

A lot of people will attribute this to the possibility of the RP and S coming back "70",
but the relative scarcity of OGP Sets is starting to factor in.

Quote:
opened OGP sets... can be recreated with 68s

You only need "68"-grades for the RP and S, the other three are very affordable as 69's.
And, who's to say those "68" RP and S coins couldn't get "69" grades when re-submitted?

Quote:
PCGS has graded... all the way down to MS62

Must be the coins that escaped from their OGP capsules during shipping, inadvertently creating "sliders".
And since the Mint boxes were sent unopened to PCGS/NGC, even more
opportunities arose for capsules (and coins) to become dislodged.
Any grade below PCGS 68 could be the result of such damage.

Four of the capsules in my five boxes escaped from their slots,
but the capsules remained sealed and the coins were none the worse for wear.
Edited by DNA
02/29/2012 8:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9256 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  12:43 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks for sharing Brad, Now that's what I talking about!

Hi Mike. I hope you are doing well.

Good to hear from you!
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
2912 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brad,

You have always been one the gentleman of the site and appreciate your kind words, Thanks and hope you and yours are all well,How old is your precious daughter now? Mike....PS, We are all well and during these troubled times, that's saying a lot, Be Well My Friend.........
Page: of 109 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05