So, to start off, I know that the coin is not very clean. I am not exactly sure what's going on with the obverse and I took a picture of the reverse to see if anyone knew more about the multiple things going on with this dime. I thought it was interesting, especially the s the word "trust" looking like a backwards 2. Is this possible? As I said with my 1983-p dime Cud post, I am new to this but I did do a lot of research before asking any questions. Thanks and if I need to take a picture with less lighting let me know and I can have it posted for tomorrow.
This is very common on the 2015 forwards on these dimes. We see it almost as often as other common events. When you look at Variety Vista's listings, most of the doubled dies end in the early 70's. Just a few on the new dies. But my opinion this is cause by Die Deterioration and also die polishing to to remove Feeder Finger Damage. The dies are just abraided too much. Just a die event that and they continue to use the die.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use