Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Post Your Stories & Pix Of Found Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,596 / Views: 190,280Next Topic
Page: of 240
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79294 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2026  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
tonight I picked $1.10, that's the 7th night of the month for $1+, and that's a dollar-ten closer to $5K.


Awesome!
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196000 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2026  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
tonight I picked $1.10, that's the 7th night of the month for $1+, and that's a dollar-ten closer to $5K...
Excellent!

Quote:
...unless I find some higher denomination FRNs soon, the run up to $5K is going to stretch into october.


Quote:
in the meantime I have to figure out how I'm going to work my schedule & still have room in my nights for the kitties & money-hunting... but, like I said, milestone first. I want it, I've earned it, when I achieve it then i'll assess everything. this is a big change and I need to make it happen with as little tumult & resistance as possible.
I am sure you will adapt and thrive!
Pillar of the Community
MrPink2018's Avatar
United States
2722 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2026  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's the plan.
Valued Member
SquareCircle's Avatar
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2026  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SquareCircle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was on my way to the store but had to make a quick stop. It turned out that the place I stopped at was not only closed but deserted. Before I left I noticed a lot of pennies on the ground in the bushes. I didn't count them but there was probably close to 30. Unfortunately they were all zincolns and badly corroded; one was so eaten up that I just threw it back. I gave the rest a quick cleanup with the idea that I might be able to use them at the store's self-checkout. I was quickly disavowed of this idea, however, once I actually started trying it. Ultimately I ended up just discarding most if not all of the pennies. (I was also using other change that I had and I'm not sure whether or not the worse-looking cents that I was able to spend were among the newly found ones.)

I hate to see money wasted, even if it's just a bunch of zincolns...
Edited by SquareCircle
09/30/2026 4:11 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196000 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107434 Posts
Pillar of the Community
MrPink2018's Avatar
United States
2722 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2026  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hate to see money wasted, even if it's just a bunch of zincolns...


i know that feeling rather well. can't save 'em all. you get an A for effort, though.
Pillar of the Community
westernsky's Avatar
United States
7731 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats Mr Pink on your successes! Wish you nothing but the best, sir! "Happy days are here again" as the old song goes!
Pillar of the Community
MrPink2018's Avatar
United States
2722 Posts
 Posted Today  7H 33M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks! I could babble at length, but I won't... it's sufficient to say that my first day on the new job was hindered by biblical rainfall & storms. it was so bad that when it came time to clock out & go home at 3:30pm, the tropical rain had been training over us for hours, turning the streets into rivers. I couldn't pedal home in it, so I was forced to walk home (left my bike locked up at the Home Depot) in a deluge & flood (though I did have an umbrella). water up to my knees for a couple blocks in one place, but after that one instance it was easier because I've been biking this island for decades, I knew where to walk for higher ground.

the stories are already piling up!

there is a lot of standing water tonight + king tide in the past week, so I don't think i'll find much $ tonight. tonight I'm just out to feed the cats & I'm done. I'm exhausted.
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107434 Posts
 Posted Today  13M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, what an ordeal, knee deep water is not easy to wade through, let alone fins change at the bottom of that much water. It is a good thing that you know the ins and outs of the island.
so feed the cats and get some rest.
Bedrock of the Community
ijn1944's Avatar
United States
19599 Posts
 Posted Today  9M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
High tides and higher expectations!
  Previous TopicReplies: 3,596 / Views: 190,280Next Topic
Page: of 240

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Forums