Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Newbie Needs Help With 1962-D Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,689Next Topic  
New Member

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2012  11:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MRsonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hello everyone! I am totally new to coin collecting and came across this penny in my first roll. I really don't know if this is doubli die or not. I have looked allover the internet but could not find one like this. I really wanna if I got something good or is it just another penny!!

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Newbie-Needs-Help-With-1962-D-Penny

Newbie-Needs-Help-With-1962-D-Penny
Pillar of the Community
Jayman931's Avatar
United States
2651 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2012  01:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks normal to me but closer, clearer images might help.
Moderator
Learn More...
John1's Avatar
United States
56855 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2012  04:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Did you check here http://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...ie_state=mds
John1
Pillar of the Community
wquinn's Avatar
United States
2295 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2012  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I don't see any doubling in those photos. Where are you seeing it and do you have any close ups of it?

The Copper Coins site, is a great place to help attribute your finds. You can search on year, mintmark, and variety.
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2012  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love it when I find the date doubled.
Newbie-Needs-Help-With-1962-D-Penny
But a closer look would help a lot.
Moderator
Learn More...
John1's Avatar
United States
56855 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2012  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop, your pics appear to be a 1962 proof and the OP's a 1962-D business strike. Is that going to make a difference? I mean apples to apples and apples to oranges you know what I mean?
John1
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,689Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums