Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1806 Carlos IIIi 8 Reales -- What Do People Think Of This?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 2,091Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
brg5658's Avatar
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2012  8:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have wanted one of these "pieces of 8" for a long time. I finally found one that I absolutely fell in love with. It resides in a PCGS problem-free holder. Feel free to guess the grade, and also offer opinions or thoughts.

1806-Carlos-IIIi-8-Reales----What-Do-People-Think-Of-This?
1806-Carlos-IIIi-8-Reales----What-Do-People-Think-Of-This?
Pillar of the Community
MathieuMa's Avatar
France
1591 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2012  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MathieuMa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU 50 ?
Excellent picture in anycase, and superb coin. Doesn't that one come from one of the board members ?
Pillar of the Community
brg5658's Avatar
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2012  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it is a piece I picked up from Roman's collection (I think his handle is TwoKopeiki on here?)

Pillar of the Community
MathieuMa's Avatar
France
1591 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2012  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MathieuMa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that's him, I recognized his picture style :)
This coin is superb - the patina is amazing (I prefer it to the other one he has left on auction currently)
Won't give the grade out for others, but I just found it in my archives :p
Pillar of the Community
Czech Republic
803 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2012  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TwoKopeiki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin! :)

Mathieu, these images were shot by Brandon (brg5658) and they capture the character of the coin very well.
Pillar of the Community
MathieuMa's Avatar
France
1591 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2012  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MathieuMa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I'm impressed, I thought you were the only one here able to take such beautiful pictures :)
Congratulation brg5658 - your photos are superb (and your coin as well) !
I think I even prefer them to yours TwoKopeiki ;)

Here are the ones you made :
1806-Carlos-IIIi-8-Reales----What-Do-People-Think-Of-This?
1806-Carlos-IIIi-8-Reales----What-Do-People-Think-Of-This?
Edited by MathieuMa
06/18/2012 10:05 am
Pillar of the Community
Czech Republic
803 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2012  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TwoKopeiki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think I even prefer them to yours TwoKopeiki ;)


So do I
Pillar of the Community
Archraz's Avatar
United States
3499 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2012  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Archraz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful coin! I would guess AU55.
Pillar of the Community
brg5658's Avatar
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2012  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the smaller pics I took with the grade. :) I honestly don't really care what the slab says, this coin is just amazing in hand and I love it regardless. Thanks again Roman! I love this one!

1806-Carlos-IIIi-8-Reales----What-Do-People-Think-Of-This?
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 2,091Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Forums