A little off topic, but this is were the experts are. When you ship "money" through the mail, does USPS allow you to insure it? I sent 2 rolls of Presidential dollars for a trade and asked for insurance. The lady asked what was in the box and I said, "2 rolls of Presidential dollars. $50 worth." She said they couldn't insure money. Is this woman full of it or am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Ty
I'm no expert but...I personally, Ty..wouldn't have told her the 'real' truth of what was inside. And I would have insisted on insuring the package or taken my package and insured it at another PO. After all you are entitled and it is available if you want to use it. I hope it arrives to it's destination without any problems. Did you at least add Delivery Confirmation?
This reminds me of a insistent I had with the Postal worker. Some years ago there was a coupon collecting thing with a brand of cigarettes that you were able to send them in with $ for items in the catalog. I did this and sent these coupons and my money order for a winter jacket with the cigarettes brand logo. The postal worker who serviced me (I noticed she smoked the same brand and was most likely saving her coupons as well) didn't think nothing of it until 3 or 4 months later I still hadn't gotten my jacket. I called the company and was told they never received the coupons nor the money order. So..right there I knew the worker took it and my order was never sent. That taught me a big lesson, Delivery Confirmation.. is the way to keep track of you mail! mila_
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use