Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

America The Beautiful Quarters

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 98 / Views: 11,788Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
Lion4Life's Avatar
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2012  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lion4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a Hawaii P in some change today, first one in a while.
Pillar of the Community
denco7's Avatar
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2012  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny, I live on the East Coast and so far have taken two rolls of ATB's out of my pocket change and have yet to even see a " D "
Pillar of the Community
ghostrider's Avatar
United States
1116 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2012  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ghostrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually have two albums of ATB's that are works in process. One is comprised solely of coins I get from the mint in one form of proof sets or another, and the other comprised solely of the good coins that I find in circulation.

So far my circulated set can be described as either pathetic or anemic (I prefer anemic). It is truly a work in process and both a labor of love and a royal pain.
New Member
BgCollector's Avatar
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2012  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find ATB's in my change on regular base - mostly "D" mark as I live on the West Cost. Just got Denali "D" early today.
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2012  11:24 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins but I do wish they would've put the designs on a fifty cent piece.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2012  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was out and about today doing a bit of shopping and as I was checking out I remembered this thread so I asked to buy a roll of quarters. I got home and went through them. I found 15 different State Quarters, which I've never collected, and 3 ATB Quarters. Pretty cool, I didnt think I would come across any. 2012-D Hawai'i Volcanoes, 2011-P Chickasaw, and a 2012-D El Yunque....dance banana boy dance

..............................................
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Edited by 52Raymo
12/22/2012 5:44 pm
Valued Member
gmaster456's Avatar
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2012  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gmaster456 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect them but rarely see them in change. Rarely. Even when I have to run the register at work, which has been quite often, I don't see them.
Pillar of the Community
TheForce's Avatar
United States
4870 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2012  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will start caring about quarters when they go back to a regular design.
Pillar of the Community
redlock's Avatar
Germany
995 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2012  04:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will start caring about quarters when they go back to a regular design.


I highly doubt that there will be a ''regular'' design when the ATB series ends in 2021. I think, ''they'' will come up with a new series spanning the next 10 years.
Edited by redlock
12/23/2012 04:03 am
Pillar of the Community
ninamason's Avatar
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2012  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ninamason to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
redlock, they already did. The ATB series has been extended through 2033.


I'm quite the anomaly with all these ATB I find, aren't I? Gentle reminder . . . my last day at my job will hopefully be January 21 and then my regular access to this change ends until I have enough saved in Houston to start CRH again . . . . if you want to trade for any of 'em, now's the time to head down to my trade post.
Valued Member
jsbruton's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2012  04:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jsbruton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
South Texas almost all Ds
Valued Member
jsbruton's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2012  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jsbruton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
((I will start caring about quarters when they go back to a regular design.))
That will never happen again, just like the Lincoln Memorial it's history.
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2012  09:59 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The old design was pretty blah to me. It was time for something fresh.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
TheForce's Avatar
United States
4870 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2012  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a big reason why I do not buy US Mint sets anymore is for the fact they are bloated with coins I'm not interested in, which are the ATB Quarters and the prez dollars. Plus I HATE the packaging mint sets come in now.
Pillar of the Community
CrazyCat's Avatar
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2012  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CrazyCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see pretty much one per roll of laundry quarters. Mostly D quarters since I live in Nebraska. I'm kinda hoping to find an S circulation strike. I haven't seen one yet.
  Previous TopicReplies: 98 / Views: 11,788Next Topic
Page: of 7

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Forums