Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Post Colonial Issue?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 975Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2013  7:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Is it possible that this is a Connenicut post colonial issue? The style of the reverse looks early colonial, and both the bust & reverse are facing left. I know this is really beat up and worn, but I am thinking it might still be attributable. What do you think?

Post-Colonial-Issue?
Post-Colonial-Issue?
Post-Colonial-Issue?
Post-Colonial-Issue?
Pillar of the Community
amida17's Avatar
United States
4897 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2013  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that II I see at about 1:00? Maybe a George II Halfpenny?
Pillar of the Community
Windchild's Avatar
Canada
1411 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2013  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windchild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe it is Amida.

I believe it is a George II Halfpenny.
I'm not sure if it is Regal or Not.
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2013  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, George II. Classic "flat top" noticeable on coins of this grade. Also, II clearly visible.
Since it's been id'd, I will move to proper forum
swcoin.ecrater.com
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2013  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone! I see it now. Picked it out of the junk bin today. 8 coins for $1.00:) I like coppers with counter stamps and even being so worn had add it to the mix.

Here is a 1807 Georege III I picked out of the same bin.

Post-Colonial-Issue?
Post-Colonial-Issue?

And a 1957 Half Penny I picked out of the same bin.

Post-Colonial-Issue?
Post-Colonial-Issue?
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2013  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice picks!
swcoin.ecrater.com
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 975Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums