Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Another 1830 Bustie

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 984Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
tights24's Avatar
United States
2254 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2007  06:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tights24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Does this coin reach XF-AU? I honestly can't tell if it would yield that high of a grade, so I need some help. What I don't know is if that's serious rub on her cheek and chest, or if that is a normal trait for the series....



Another-1830-Bustie


Another-1830-Bustie

Pillar of the Community
Thundercoin's Avatar
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2007  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thundercoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin is at least XF, I'd give it an XF-45 easily. Looks like a great coin!

Pillar of the Community
trdhrdr007's Avatar
United States
2335 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2007  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks XF to me, lots of good detail.
Pillar of the Community
Prethen's Avatar
United States
3234 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2007  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Prethen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF45
Pillar of the Community
okie-colin's Avatar
United States
1083 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2007  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okie-colin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU on the reverse, XF-45 on the obverse, net XF-45. Nice!
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2007  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Does this coin reach XF-AU?


No, it doesn't reach XF-AU. It sits there.
Pillar of the Community
tights24's Avatar
United States
2254 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2007  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tights24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't own it yet but I am actively contemplating. The price it right. Thanks for the opinions.
Forum Mom
Learn More...
Susanlynn9's Avatar
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2007  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see it as an EF40, but I'm notoriously strict on these. I see wear on the high points of the design on both sides. I love the toning. These coins look so nice as they wear.
Pillar of the Community
shatsi's Avatar
United States
1541 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2007  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shatsi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice piece.
Pillar of the Community
Nelrak's Avatar
United States
974 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2007  02:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nelrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Bust you have there...I'd say it's atleast low AU...
Edited by Nelrak
05/28/2007 02:22 am
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2007  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Benji to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would go 45-50 (I would focus on the eagle's talons, not the wear on the bust, cheek, hair, and wing) I agree the price is right for this bust (in hand it is a lot darker in color. These pics do not do her justice) ...you are on the right track, most of these are cleaned AND over-priced. Attached is an AU55 example I just received from PCGS...I think it's actually 45-50, but the chocolaty color/toned may have bumped this one up. Notice the wear is on the same points as the one you have pictured, in hand those wear points will not be a factor.

Another-1830-Bustie
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 984Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums