Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1827 Capped Bust Half Overton Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,199Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Ploopy's Avatar
United States
1789 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2015  8:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I've been trying to figure this out and I got it narrowed down to around 15 varities and I'm way in over my head. Anyone can ID this for me? Thanks in advance



1827-Capped-Bust-Half-Overton-Help

1827-Capped-Bust-Half-Overton-Help

1827-Capped-Bust-Half-Overton-Help
Pillar of the Community
AcesKings's Avatar
United States
1714 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2015  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure......just pick the worst date to identify, then take all the denticals out to make it harder!

I'd say it's an O-125 based on the T/I alignment and the dropped first "T" in states. This reverse is shared with O-124, but star 7 on the obverse doesn't line up right to the headband for the O-124.
Pillar of the Community
noD's Avatar
United States
1584 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2015  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is an O-125, R3. AcesKings, If I hadn't spent 5 minutes triple-checking my results I might have got here first!
Edited by noD
08/14/2015 9:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
noD's Avatar
United States
1584 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2015  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
'27s can be tough!
Pillar of the Community
Ploopy's Avatar
United States
1789 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2015  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sure......just pick the worst date to identify, then take all the denticals out to make it harder!


Haha sorry! I thought it was very close to an O-124 but not exactly.

Thanks guys!
Pillar of the Community
AcesKings's Avatar
United States
1714 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2015  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If I hadn't spent 5 minutes triple-checking my results I might have got here first!


I know, I went through my Overton book and the online sources a few times to make sure.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,199Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums