What's up you guys was going through some of my coins the other day and found this.... I'm not sure with what may be the cause but it looks like the 2nd "T" in the word TRUST seem to be missing something?
Is there something going on m/m or is just my imagination? Thank you for given the time.
The top cross bar on the "T" may be altered because of machine damage during the strike. The movement side ways can alter the devices on a coin. Note on this side, the die movement during the strike pushed the devices. If you look closely you can see the metal striations on the altered area.
I see so grease filled that would identify the coin as an "error" from what I understand?
Coop, I'm not following 100% of what you said? Do you agree with the majority or think otherwise? I'm carious to the extent that I may agree if you don't mind can you explain again in a simpler form of understanding so someone like me can comprehend I would appreciate. Thanks you guy's for given the time.
There is both going on with this coin. A struck through on the mint mark and second "T" on trust, and the second question about the "T" I thought was on LIBERTY when I read this, that is caused by MD.
Okay, I see understood thanks Coop and all who've chime in. I have another Roosevelt dime that may be "error" or could just be PMD nevertheless it's a WEIRD looking will be post up by tonight. I hope you guys wouldn't mind giving your opinions and thoughts on it as well.. Thanks you guys...
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use