Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

A Cheap Day At The Monthly Coin Auction

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,194Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
davec13's Avatar
United States
757 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2016  8:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add davec13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I am fortunate to have a smaller local monthly coin auction. For the size of the auction he pulls in some amazing coins. I really went today with the hopes of adding the 1857 pr62bn 1/2 cent that was being auctioned to my collection. That didn't happen, so I went down the rabbit hole and started bidding on the things no one wanted. I ended up with some pretty interesting items that will probably end up in the bottom of my safe waiting for a day to go through them. So here is what I ended up with.

1946, 1947, 1948 BU Roosevelt dimes. These will go into my 3rd dansco album. final bid $8.00

168 random token/medals final bid $1.68

2 bicentennial brass medals in first day covers cancelled stamps July 4 1975. final bid $1.00

1979 Susan B Anthony 3 piece set. final bid $2.75

1973s brown box Ike nice toning starting. final bid $9.50

7 piece littleton Sac dollar set. final bid $6.00

15 random arcade tokens. final bid $1.00

1 roll BU 1943 cent & 1 roll random date BU 30s-50s Wheat cent. final bid $3.00

9 rolls of 1958 BU/red wheat cents. Wonder if a DDO is hidden in them. final bid $30.00

1/20oz Australian year of the monkey gold coin. final bid $85.00

Basically everything I picked up was at face or well below bid. The best part is everyone knows everyone and it's a good time messing around with people bidding. The one dealer was going against a left bid he was gonna let the left bidder win so I gave him the extra two bucks to win the item. Not your typical auction behavior, but everyone there is on a first name basis and we are all friends so to speak.
Edited by davec13
04/30/2016 8:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
KenKat's Avatar
United States
4085 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2016  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1 roll BU 1943 cent & 1 roll random date BU 30s-50s Wheat cent. final bid $3.00


Awesome! I like this one the best ^
Pillar of the Community
davec13's Avatar
United States
757 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2016  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add davec13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Awesome! I like this one the best ^


The best may have not even come yet. I have to go see one of the regular bidders next week. He has 44,000 wheat cents he wants to sell as a single lot. He also said he has 1100+lbs of copper cents he would sell cheap. He is older and ran a scrap yard/metal recycling facility for decades. He is finally warming up to me, so hopefully I can make a deal.
Pillar of the Community
kookoox10's Avatar
United States
1054 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2016  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! The BU 1943 rolls command pretty good money on the secondary market ( ebay). I've seen them alone go for $100-200. Lot's of folks searching for doubled die #001 in them.
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2016  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting pickups ....

I would have been bidding on the roll of BU 43's
Pillar of the Community
Slamnbass's Avatar
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2016  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW that is way too much fun! Gotta be a blast going through them tokens too I'm jealous! Congrats man!
CCF Advertiser
Andrew99's Avatar
United States
1533 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2016  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worthy Coin in Boston was like that 20 yrs ago. I miss the environment. Haven't seen one of those bid walls for a long time.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,194Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums