Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Favorite Auction Houses

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,289Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
jskirwin's Avatar
United States
616 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2016  10:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
As a relative newbie in this hobby (2 1/2 years collecting Ancient Romans), I thought I'd bring up this subject because it's still a bit disconcerting whenever I sign up for an auction house I've never used.

Who are the auction houses you trust to buy from?

I've had good experiences with the following European ones for low-mid range coins (under $300).

Roma Numismatics
HD Rauch
cgb.fr
Numismatik Naumann, GMBH

On the US side:
CNG
Heritage - Aware of the trouble another member has had with this one.

Who are some of your favorites?
Pillar of the Community
Kamnaskires's Avatar
United States
7067 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2016  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kamnaskires to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had good experiences with Stacks-Bowers, Goldberg, Baldwin, and Kunker.
Pillar of the Community
antwerpen2306's Avatar
Belgium
1194 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2016  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add antwerpen2306 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
see also Inumis , Savoca and Lanz ( more expensive quality). albert
Pillar of the Community
Mister Kairu's Avatar
United States
1911 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2016  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't had any problems with the few coins I have bought from Heritage... especially since I can find a certain coin every week that I can make $100 on since people don't bid on it :D
Pillar of the Community
oriole's Avatar
Canada
5293 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2016  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is an example of 1, but my first and only experience winning an auction was with Geoffrey Bell, here in Canada. It was a positive experience, and I did note that most of the lots sold, and many at a good price (good for the seller).
Pillar of the Community
orfew's Avatar
Canada
1269 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2016  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orfew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In addition to many of those mentioned above I have also bought from Naville Numismatics, and Agora. I have had positive experiences with both.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
tdziemia's Avatar
United States
8056 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am bumping this thread up with a question on whether anyone has done business with Bertolami.

It's a bit of a "horse-out-of-the-barn" situation, as I have some bids out for an auction this weekend, and I'm not sure how to read what I am seeing on current bid vs. max bid.
Edited by tdziemia
02/24/2018 2:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
Kamnaskires's Avatar
United States
7067 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kamnaskires to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just recently became an approved bidder for Bertolami auctions and plan to participate in their London auction next month via online pre-bidding.

I hope that dealing with them ends up being a pleasant experience for both of us, and that it results in some good wins for our collections.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,289Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums