2016 dime clad error any thoughts on this coin? I think theres a few errors but I dont know near enough to know ! Id love to hear what everyone thinks! I have way better pictures that I can fwd to anyone thats curious! I can see the copper core around moat of the rim amd every part that looks different is where the clad is missing ! When I shine a light over top I can see the exsposed core. Every detail is there and where it should be as well and the coin weighs its proper amount
@Stvinny, thanks for posting an interesting coin. I believe that a coin this is missing some or all of its clad layer will be underweight (unlike this coin). The odd coloring around the rim is most likely on the surface of that clad layer.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push." -----Ghanaian proverb
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed." -----King Adz
I read that if it was a before strike error than the coin would weigh the correct weight ? , by america prettymuch that whole part the core is exposed and theres a very clear line defining that as well as on the left side by the rim is also missing and at the bottom of the torch its missing as well with a clear clad line going through the bottom of the torch correct me if I'm wrong but are these true errors? I cant upload my hd up close pictures otherwise you could see the variations I'm speaking of
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use