Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1966 Lincoln Memorial Cent Mis-Aligned Die (Mad) - Strong One

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,552Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
tropicalbats's Avatar
United States
6196 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  10:26 pm Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
It's got a few spots but still one of the stronger mis-aligned dies I've found. Just pulled it out of a bag of 1966 cents I'm working my way through over time.

1966 Lincoln Memorial cent mis-aligned die (MAD)


1966-Lincoln-Memorial-Cent-Mis-Aligned-Die-Mad---Strong-One
1966-Lincoln-Memorial-Cent-Mis-Aligned-Die-Mad---Strong-One
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79199 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find and congratulations tropicalbats! That's a keeper! The reverse also shows weakness too.
Errers and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
tropicalbats's Avatar
United States
6196 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse also has some bodacious MD, which I thought was FS-801 when I first saw it. That is, in fact, precisely what I am looking for on these coins as I don't have one. Yet.
Pillar of the Community
CoinHunter27's Avatar
United States
5887 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find! I've hunted some rolls for the DDR but have had no luck.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
GrapeCollects's Avatar
United States
8946 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful MAD!
Moderator
Learn More...
Spence's Avatar
United States
34553 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2019  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A super example of MAD, with part of the date off the flan. Nice work!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best I've ever seen!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Petespockets55's Avatar
United States
5888 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one.
If the mint ever got the dies realigned before retiring the dies, there should be some interesting coins with an arc through the last 6 from the collar die.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Edited by Petespockets55
07/30/2019 09:56 am
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1966-Lincoln-Memorial-Cent-Mis-Aligned-Die-Mad---Strong-One
1966-Lincoln-Memorial-Cent-Mis-Aligned-Die-Mad---Strong-One
1966-Lincoln-Memorial-Cent-Mis-Aligned-Die-Mad---Strong-One
Pillar of the Community
tropicalbats's Avatar
United States
6196 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the stuff you are doing with the backgrounds. Spiffy!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
GrapeCollects's Avatar
United States
8946 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have so many ideas in my head, no wonder I have headaches a lot. I've been making a lot of small images that I use on my wall paper that gives the 3-D affect on the screen. I have thousands of these images. I often use them on the photo-badges for the images. Images like this:
1966-Lincoln-Memorial-Cent-Mis-Aligned-Die-Mad---Strong-One
While it doesn't look unique as a single image,
1966-Lincoln-Memorial-Cent-Mis-Aligned-Die-Mad---Strong-One
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,552Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums