| Author |
Replies: 7 / Views: 1,448 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1188 Posts |
Finding and discovering modern Canadian doubled die varieties since 2018. 2023 Recent Publications: Modern Canadian Doubled Die Varieties - First Edition PDF & Paperback https://www.mcddv.ca - (New Site, Second Edition, Registry & Services coming fall 2026)
Edited by JohnWayne007 12/09/2019 9:04 pm
|
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Well all the large dates look that way:   The DDO is even larger.  
Edited by coop 12/09/2019 9:09 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1188 Posts |
Thank you coop, your information is much appreciated!
Finding and discovering modern Canadian doubled die varieties since 2018. 2023 Recent Publications: Modern Canadian Doubled Die Varieties - First Edition PDF & Paperback https://www.mcddv.ca - (New Site, Second Edition, Registry & Services coming fall 2026)
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10635 Posts |
Yeah, too bad it isn't a small date. That'd really be something, wouldn't it? I bet there are others still to be found in the wild, so the search continues! JW, just curious, where do you get your US cents?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1188 Posts |
merclover, since canada fazed out the penny they are harder to get around here unless you buy them from some one for more than they are worth, but I have a bank that lets me buy whatever pennies that come in now so they don't have to deal with them. Before I found a bank that would do that I had a big freezer bag full given to me by a relative, so to answer your question getting US cent's is not very common anymore around my area, So when I do get some I pay extra attention to them in case I miss something.
Finding and discovering modern Canadian doubled die varieties since 2018. 2023 Recent Publications: Modern Canadian Doubled Die Varieties - First Edition PDF & Paperback https://www.mcddv.ca - (New Site, Second Edition, Registry & Services coming fall 2026)
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10635 Posts |
For someone who doesn't have regular (ready) access to US cents, you do pretty well! I applaud what you have been able to do JW, keep up the good search! 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
I bought a bunch of these Canadian cents years ago in albums. Some go back to the 1939 and most are 1940's. Some as much as one roll. Just a few newer ones in one album. Maybe someday they will be worth something. Seems like some albums are Canadian nickels also. Just haven't looked at them for quite a while.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1188 Posts |
Thank you for the kind words merclover! I really enjoy looking through US cents and Canadian cents, Although if I had to choose between the 2 I find US cents more appealing as there are a lot more varieties in US cents than there are in Canadian cents so I find anyway, I find a lot of interesting coins in my small end of the globe. I have found US coins, Canadian Coins, Burmuda Coins, New Zealand Coins, Thai Coins, Even a few Farthings! the oldest farthing being a 1935. I am most definitely a sucker for my Wheat Cents though and if I had to pick my favourite coins to search, it is US coins none the less. Given the fact it is close to impossible to get any denomination under 5 Cents around this area I feel like the search is even more epic when I actually find some. Just getting Pennies in general is a hunt all on its own, witch turns out to be very rewarding as most of the Cents I end up with are the result of a collection or hoard being dumped at the bank. I feel like most of the cents that go to the banks in my area should belong in a collection and not melted down, I saved quite a few good coins from the melting pot that I'm sure the previous owner would have appreciated. My recent rolls I received from the bank after a long search which I am convinced was someones old collection/hoard ended up with a really nice 12 O'clock Clipped Planchet on a 1976 Canadian Cent in my first roll, a BIG lamination flaw on a 1951 Canadian Cent in my second roll, a long with a few 1930's Cents and even a 1912 Canadian Penny although it is in extremely rough shape I feel at ease knowing they didn't get melted down. Those are just some of what I had found, I still have rolls to go through that include a mixture of US and Canadian coins. Coop, when it comes to Canadian coins I like to keep years 1960 and under only, if find anything above 1960 (unless it has a major error) they hardly ever make it into my personal collection, I have 1 book full from 1937 to 2012 of Canadian Cents with no errors and than I have my Error collection witch the highest denomination would be a 2004 5 Cent struck through thread, and my oldest I'm pretty sure (i will have to double check) being a 1940's 5 Cent Obverse Die Clash. I'm sure some day they may be worth something to someone, for now to me they are all priceless.
Finding and discovering modern Canadian doubled die varieties since 2018. 2023 Recent Publications: Modern Canadian Doubled Die Varieties - First Edition PDF & Paperback https://www.mcddv.ca - (New Site, Second Edition, Registry & Services coming fall 2026)
Edited by JohnWayne007 12/12/2019 12:14 pm
|
| |
Replies: 7 / Views: 1,448 |
|