I was sorting some LMC's by year today and I found this one and I was wondering if it looks normal or not, I didn't bother taking many photos as I was just briefly checking dates and devices while snapping some pics of anything interesting, if more photos are needed I can take some.
The date looks normal but if you look on the bottom right side on the devices of "ERTY" they look to have notches but I'm not 100% as I was more focused on all the die scratches.
Finding and discovering modern Canadian doubled die varieties since 2018.
2023 Recent Publications: Modern Canadian Doubled Die Varieties - First Edition PDF & Paperback https://www.mcddv.ca - (New Site, Second Edition, Registry & Services coming fall 2026)
Interesting, it does look like some notching, but I doubt it's a DDO, since the devices don't appear to have been thickened by the amount equal to the width of the notch (the T would be ridiculously thin if it were the width of the un-notched part alone). I would say most likely circulation damage.
The devices all appear that the die has reduced size of the devices from over polishing. So the devices are not enlarged. So the affected areas could be just Machine Doubling. Note that just one area on the SW edges of Liberty is affected. If it were hub doubling I would expect to see more overall doubling, which I'm not seeing. The affected areas also look flat. A doubled die would most often be raised and enlarged. On Variety Vista they only DDO on Liberty shows the spread on the centers of the devices: http://www.varietyvista.com/01b%20L...6PDDO002.htm Take a look and see how the devices are enlarged from the center of the devices.
Thank you guys, I figured as much but thought I should ask before I tossed it back into the wild, I would hate to find out it was something after the fact.
Finding and discovering modern Canadian doubled die varieties since 2018.
2023 Recent Publications: Modern Canadian Doubled Die Varieties - First Edition PDF & Paperback https://www.mcddv.ca - (New Site, Second Edition, Registry & Services coming fall 2026)
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use