Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Gorgeous 1956 D Found Today

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 758Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
808 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  5:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I take it all back what I said in my last entry! I found this spectacular 1956 D in one of my bank rolls today. This is the best looking wheatie I have ever found in circulation. the wheat shafts are perfect and the fields are clean. There are marks but for a coin this old, I am happy to find it. The mint mark looks like a RPM, but I found no doubling I could see. Regards to all!

Gorgeous-1956-D-Found-Today
Gorgeous-1956-D-Found-Today
Gorgeous-1956-D-Found-Today
Gorgeous-1956-D-Found-Today
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-65RD. Nice example!
Rest in Peace
T-BOP's Avatar
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes 65RD Real nice find .
Bedrock of the Community
ijn1944's Avatar
United States
19603 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good stuff does happen.
Moderator
Learn More...
Spence's Avatar
United States
34561 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No errors or varieties, so I'm going to move your thread over to the grading section. This one is a beaut!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
merclover's Avatar
United States
10635 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in at MS-65RD.
Bedrock of the Community
BadThad's Avatar
United States
20049 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find!

Might be a tiny bit of rub on hair, cheek, jaw, lapel and wheat grains. It probably got dumped as an MS coin and you got lucky finding it quickly! I think there is a patina on it and your light is cutting through it. Also, I see only flat, diffuse luster and no cartwheel spokes.

AU-58
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR
https://verdi.care/
Edited by BadThad
12/13/2021 10:46 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
panzaldi's Avatar
United States
18927 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2021  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
post full photos of both sides when possible.

MS65RD nice find
Pillar of the Community
United States
808 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Panzaldi due to the design of my camera system, I have a restricted field of view! Thats why I sent 2 pics of the front and back of the coin. If interested I can send closeups. Regards.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 758Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums