Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Dime Roll Searching

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 633,333Next Topic
Page: of 450
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2013  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gold panner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One box last night and a 58 d. Nice finds on four in one box!
Pillar of the Community
Owassokie's Avatar
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2013  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Owassokie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did my second most enjoyable box of coins ever yesterday. It was a box of halves with at least one of every kind of valuable coin back to and including a walking liberty. (Read JFK thread for details). I still had some time last night after checking halves so I got a fresh box of dimes out. I found my third Winged Liberty Dime ever. It was a 1944. That was the only silver dime I found.

Kelly
Pillar of the Community
M0nks's Avatar
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2013  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 box - 4 dimes today 51s,53d,57 and 63
Pillar of the Community
chuckster 125's Avatar
United States
4113 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2013  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 box: 1-1966 Canadian Dime (80% Silver)
Valued Member
Double J's Avatar
Canada
409 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2013  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Double J to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Monks, four silver, nice box.
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2013  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yvairguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$600 searched

35, 64, 60, 47, 52, 63, 62,
Pillar of the Community
Owassokie's Avatar
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2013  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Owassokie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great average yvairguy.

OO
New Member
elibugshalves's Avatar
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2013  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add elibugshalves to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$95 worth searched turned nothing
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2013  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but where do you guys sell your silvers? I've been looking for a good source of cheap silver dimes, but living in the UK, I havent been very successful and I cant search any rolls here...
Pillar of the Community
halfhunter's Avatar
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2013  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfhunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i didnt get my 4 boxes of halves yesterday so I went "free hunting" today, my mission was cwr rolls



Dime-Roll-Searching

No luck on the bonus half box I landed, or the quarters, but I got 4 silver dimes out of $315, including one rough mercury. My second merucry ever found roll hunting




Dime-Roll-Searching

Dime-Roll-Searching
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2013  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yvairguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
average dropped off, 1000 searched

53s, 64d x 3, 57, 59d
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2013  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yvairguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got my first Mercury dime one of the first times I searched, it is so dark on the edge I kind of worry that I miss them and send them back
Pillar of the Community
fistfulladirt's Avatar
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but where do you guys sell your silvers? I've been looking for a good source of cheap silver dimes, but living in the UK, I havent been very successful and I cant search any rolls here...
I sell to a LCS that pays about 85% of melt (I only sell 40% halves). Some places like APMEX or Provident metals pays more, but sometimes min quantities are required.
I've not much luck finding cheap silver, everyone over-prices what they have locally, and I can sometimes buy at melt price. When silver prices dip, inventories are bought up quickly and premiums rise, even on junk silver.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Edited by fistfulladirt
01/13/2013 08:00 am
Valued Member
Double J's Avatar
Canada
409 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Double J to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First box of the year, 1 67. I'll take it. I also got 1 chinese something or other. I also managed to get two extra dimes...that was a first.
Valued Member
dmagku's Avatar
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dmagku to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Box #2

I got about 90% through the box and figured I was going to get skunked again. Then, in the final 3 rolls I found a silver! My first silver dime found.

Results:

1963 silver dime
2009-p low mintage dime
  Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 633,333Next Topic
Page: of 450

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Forums