Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Does Anyone Collect India?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 126 / Views: 20,179Next Topic
Page: of 9
New Member
Mohur's Avatar
United Kingdom
29 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mohur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great thread this one...
I collect pre 1939 silver rupees...and currently after an 1841 gold mohur
Edited by Mohur
06/11/2011 11:27 am
Valued Member
AlmostCollectible's Avatar
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlmostCollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes a very informative thread indeed, never scrolled back far enough to see this one.

I do collect British India and Republic coins as well. I do have some doubles of many of the more common ones, if anybody wants to trade.

Mohur thats a big ticket item, I'd be very careful, to avoid bringing home a fake one.
Valued Member
AlmostCollectible's Avatar
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlmostCollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And to CCF
New Member
Mohur's Avatar
United Kingdom
29 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mohur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a 1862 gold mohur that I bought from a fine art auctioneer last year and a rarer ef gold 15 rupee I purchased recently from a local auction house.

Now the double mohur would possibly be out of reach

Thanks for the welcome.
Valued Member
AlmostCollectible's Avatar
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlmostCollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 mohurs coin would be awesome to have though!
New Member
Mohur's Avatar
United Kingdom
29 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mohur to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would be sweet... sadly haven't even seen one in person either.
Pillar of the Community
Bacchus2's Avatar
United Kingdom
2932 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2011  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few Indian coins so I'll contribute a few images to the thread...


From Junagadh

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

From Indore

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

From Hyderabad

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

From Gwalior

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

From Bundi

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

I'll do a few more states another time.
Valued Member
AlmostCollectible's Avatar
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2011  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlmostCollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a very nice set of state coins Thanks for sharing. I have a couple of these as well, will take pics and put up here sometime.
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2011  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chasinva69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish I had stumbled upon this thread sooner.
Just through some casual purchases, impulse buys really, I have:

- East India Company 1835 Rupee
- 1840(b) 1/4 Rupee
- 1840 Rupee
- 1900 Rupee
- Hyderbad 1943 Rupee

Also (not silver):
- 1946 1/2 Rupee (with the panther) in unc.
- 1947 1 Rupee (with the panther) in XF

and: India Portugese-colony 1947 1/4 Rupia

will try to do some pics.
This has awakened my interest for the coin show this weekend.

Edited by chasinva69
06/15/2011 09:48 am
Valued Member
AlmostCollectible's Avatar
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2011  03:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlmostCollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, please do share pics if you can, and good luck at the coin show.
Bedrock of the Community
sel_69l's Avatar
Australia
21792 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2011  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Indian coins in the asme way as Sap. Indian coinage since it began is a huge area of study, and very absorbing. I have some references, but I need more.

I have just reviewed this thread in a bit more detail. A couple of hours ago, I spotted a 1947 tiger rupee (pure nickel) in a dealer's scratch box. I passed it up because I already have a better one. Pity! I now see the error of my ways.
Edited by sel_69l
06/16/2011 06:00 am
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2011  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add schockergd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a good place to find values on coins? My wife had a big bag of coins she had found/collected over the years, several are early 40s coppers and I'm curious of value.
Pillar of the Community
Bacchus2's Avatar
United Kingdom
2932 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2011  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more from India.

From Baroda

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?




From Madras

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?


From East India Company

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India? Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Bengal Presidency

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?


I've a good few others from these states but I don;t want to bore people :)
Pillar of the Community
Bacchus2's Avatar
United Kingdom
2932 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2011  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more.

The Sultans of Delhi

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?




The Sultans of Gujurat

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

The Sultans of Juanpur

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?


The sultans of Malwa

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Does-Anyone-Collect-India?

Valued Member
AlmostCollectible's Avatar
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2011  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlmostCollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a really nice collection! I think the big half anna EIC coins are my favorite.
  Previous TopicReplies: 126 / Views: 20,179Next Topic
Page: of 9

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Forums