Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1893 CC Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,599Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2011  6:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I picked this up today. Not sure if I am liking it.
I know my pictures make it looks worse than it looks
in hand.

In the holder I saw what looked like a small rim bump.
Out of the holder and in the pictures I see more of a rim bump
and another that I did not see in the holder.

I paid $220 for it .. like to hear what others think the
grade and value is .. I really am thinking of taking it
back.




1893-CC-Morgan

1893-CC-Morgan
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2011  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to say G-6.
Pillar of the Community
td5173's Avatar
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2011  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-8 Tough call could fall to G-6.
Pillar of the Community
Darth Anarchus's Avatar
United States
1388 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2011  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Darth Anarchus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No less than a VG-8... IMHO, of course
Pillar of the Community
fenton's Avatar
United States
4992 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2011  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G6 sounds about right
Bedrock of the Community
Bryan1315's Avatar
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2011  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At that price I would really want a problem free example. That is just me others may feel differently but I would think with those problems the coin should have been less than what a problem free coin should sell for
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2011  06:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At that price I would really want a problem free example


I agree .. I saw one of the rim dings .. really did not see how
much I would not like them until I took it out of the holder.

I plan on taking it back this morning .. he had several common
date Morgan's I can use .. will try to get them instead

The honest responses I got here .. really helped me make this decision.
Pillar of the Community
fenton's Avatar
United States
4992 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2011  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love that coin but I would recommend you try to negotiate him down to about $160. Other than price, it is great circulated rare Carson City dollar and the 1893 date is AWESOME.

EDIT: I absolutely love my 1893-O Morgan!
Edited by fenton
02/18/2011 11:10 pm
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2011  07:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took it back, if it sits there for a long time I may try to get him down, but I think
I will hold out for one with out the rim dings.

I think I made out very well on the trade. I put $10.00 with it and got 10 Morgans.
some were in 2X2's and much better grades. One .. out of the bucket dollars...
is a 1892 S ... it is circ .. but not sure if it will make the needed grade.
And one is a 1879 S, that is at least AU.

I will have to try and get some pictures.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,599Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums