Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Need Help! Is Real?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,480Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
t0rress's Avatar
Bulgaria
843 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2011  4:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add t0rress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hey I was detecting before 4 day ago.I find that coin but I wasn't seen a Julia Mamaea coins with that legend : JULIAMAESAAVG . I can't understand I find that coin in the ground.And for that I think it's real.Your options


Need-Help!-Is-Real?

Need-Help!-Is-Real?
Reverse legend it's PIITASAVG
Edited by t0rress
04/23/2011 4:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
ancientcoinguy's Avatar
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2011  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know of the obverse legend, but I can not find a match with the same reverse.

Perhaps the almighty Sap can shed some light on this one. I imagine that if you found it detecting that it is real, but you never know.
Pillar of the Community
t0rress's Avatar
Bulgaria
843 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2011  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t0rress to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes me too but it can be a ancient fake.Or from 19 c.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2011  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Doucet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look carefully

Perhaps the reverse reads PIETAS AVG
Pillar of the Community
Bacchus2's Avatar
United Kingdom
2933 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2011  01:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you can even see where the I is really an E that has either worn off or not been filled in completely during striking - not uncommon to see. It's RIC Vol.4 No. 263 (Common)

Nice coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,480Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums