Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Damaged 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,483Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2011  6:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Just picked up this damaged 1917 Standing Liberty from the shop for $10.00. It is terrible what has been done to her (but I bet she made a great peice of jewlery). Even though she is damaged I could not resist purchasing her. I like the details and the date for the price.

What do you think the grade is? I have read that damaged or cleaned coins drop down a grade so I am guessing F - VF. I am still very new at this and realize I could be way off base. I am OK with that.

I look forward to all of your feedback!


Damaged-1917-Standing-Liberty-Quarter

Damaged-1917-Standing-Liberty-Quarter

Damaged-1917-Standing-Liberty-Quarter

Damaged-1917-Standing-Liberty-Quarter

Damaged-1917-Standing-Liberty-Quarter
Rest in Peace
coinguybrian's Avatar
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2011  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was a good deal, IMO. Looks XF or XF+ details.
Pillar of the Community
muddler's Avatar
United States
7331 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2011  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it, for $10 I would have taken it too.
Bedrock of the Community
sel_69l's Avatar
Australia
21792 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2011  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


For 10 bucks, and with that amount of (tolerable) damage, I would be perfectly happy with it, and I am normally very dissapointed with damaged coins, and generally pass them on after a while, realising that I have made a mistake.

Not in this case, however!
Rest in Peace
johnny54321's Avatar
United States
4849 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  02:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnny54321 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF-45 details. Can't go wrong for $10, you could probably throw it on ebay and get $25+ for it.
Pillar of the Community
Jaobler's Avatar
United States
6445 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  02:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't want it in my collection since the solder damage would REALLY bother me. However, the price was right and you probably can realize a quick profit on ebay which is where I would put it.
Pillar of the Community
Namachieli's Avatar
United States
2120 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namachieli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that was a good find. I would gladly pay 10 for it.
Pillar of the Community
mdh157's Avatar
United States
957 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2011  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdh157 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it's a shame but you cannot beat the look of the Type I slqs........my all-time favorite coins, hands down
Pillar of the Community
Las_Vegas_Larry's Avatar
United States
817 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2011  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Las_Vegas_Larry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks full face.
Pillar of the Community
busthalf's Avatar
United States
1304 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2011  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add busthalf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
solder or not. good buy. put it on the bay, take the profit, and sleep well.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,483Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums