Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

No One Wants My Silver Eagles

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,273Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
rjkingston's Avatar
United States
642 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  4:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rjkingston to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I've been trying to sell my 2011 American Silver Eagles for almost a month. No one shows any interest. Price has been better than APMEX. Anyone have any suggestions?
Pillar of the Community
junior e's Avatar
United States
931 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add junior e to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How many do you have and are they BU?
Pillar of the Community
rjkingston's Avatar
United States
642 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjkingston to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BU in original mint rolls
I've got 3 rolls of 20, one with 18.
Pillar of the Community
mkfarm's Avatar
United States
667 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't buy on this forum so I will not even ask. However I only buy ASE at spot price and I really have no problem finding them at that price when I am buying just for bullion.

Locked
822 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're requesting Paypal gift. I wouldn't fork out 900 bucks to anyone online with no protection at all.
Pillar of the Community
trdhrdr007's Avatar
United States
2335 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO there are 2 reasons & they are related. First, most people that shop here are looking for a deal. Unless it's something they just "have to have" they won't pay retail.....think greysheet bid instead of ask, or ebay prices minus fees. The second thing is a direct correlation of that.....as a retail investor you pay a X% premium when you buy & get X% less when you sell.

It's not realistic to expect to EASILY sell at the same price a major distributor sells for. If you have plenty of time & advertise on diffferent venues you will eventually sell.
Pillar of the Community
Silverhawk74's Avatar
United States
3670 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silverhawk74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I don't know if oyu have tried ebay, but Eagles don't seem to last long there, even though there are many to choose from. From 1 to a green monster, lol....

That is what I want for Christmas, a green monster. As long as I could get in unwrapped without the ol ticker giving out....
Pillar of the Community
macmercury's Avatar
United States
5904 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add macmercury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If my figures are right on ebay and Paypal fees...

ebay 9%. Maximum $100 fee.
Payapl minimum 3% and then lower if it reaches certain amount.

You're looking at least $107 of total fees by selling on ebay, but you will sell with a lower profit margin. It maybe better to sell to APMEX, but they request you send it registered mail. Cost $25+? to ship!

Or, put a ad in Craig lists...

Pillar of the Community
fcrazo's Avatar
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this what you want for Christmas?

No-One-Wants-My-Silver-Eagles
Pillar of the Community
fcrazo's Avatar
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
careful with Craigslist
Pillar of the Community
GoThunder's Avatar
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoThunder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
careful with Craigslist


I agree, the only way I'd do that is if I met the buyer inside the local police dept or something. Even then I'd make sure I wasn't followed home.
Pillar of the Community
GoThunder's Avatar
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoThunder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

You're requesting Paypal gift.


I bet if you pay the extra 3% he would take the regular Paypal.

I just bought 40 oz in mid-July or I'd probably buy up some.
Edited by GoThunder
08/03/2011 8:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
macmercury's Avatar
United States
5904 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2011  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add macmercury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Craigslist
Paypal Gifts if over your safety limits.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,273Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Forums